Job Description Summary
Implement and manage the domestic retailmerchandising programs and merchandiser activities within assigned geographical region necessary to support the key strategic growth initiatives for the Mass Market segment of the Water business.
- In accordance with the Merchandising business strategy, manage Merchandiser activities and programs to ensure consistent execution of regional merchandising initiatives and customer requirements, as well as efficient allocation of merchandiser resources.
- Provide field training, feedback, and guidance on sales and special projects to Representatives within assigned geographical territory. Plan and conduct store audits or other quality metrics to ensure required levels of customer service are maintained.
- Recruit, interview, and make final recommendation regarding the hiring of Brand Ambassador candidates consistent with practices and procedures.
- Research and analyze data from systems to evaluate and, where necessary, make recommendations to improve effectiveness of merchandising programs and initiatives.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage the collection of field retail data to assist in the evaluation of customers’ product portfolios, competitor information, new sales opportunities as directed.
- Develop and manage relationships/partnerships with retail customer contacts to ensure mutually beneficial resolutions to customer issues are achieved.
- Serve as information resource to marketing and account managers in matters such as competitor activity, market conditions, changing trends, and/or effectiveness of Mass Market programs.
- Monitor and manage spending in accordance with business demands and directives.
- Comply with Corporate, Group and Location policies & procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Five to seven years of management experience with a consumer products and/or retail organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management/Administration preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products and database systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Estimated travel 50%
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Must be capable of lifting and moving containers up to 50 lbs.