We are looking for high-energy, dynamic professionals who want to work for a growing global company and would love to take a bite out of the networksecuritylandscape. WatchGuard has deployed nearly a million of its integrated, multi-function threat management appliances worldwide and that number is rapidly growing. Of course, we recognize that there are a lot of security solution companies out there, but at the end of the day our product platforms yield dramatically higher performances than many of our competitors. We provide a solution that is scalable with hardware advances, utilizes best-of-breed technology, includes award-winning visibility tools, and is generally awesome all around.
But, you don’t have to take our word for it. WatchGuard is one of the most highly awarded companies in networksecurity. We have won an array of awards, recognitions, reviews, 5-star ratings, and shout-outs. And the recognitions keep piling up.
Unleash the beast and join RED. Apply to WatchGuard today!
The Regional Field Marketing Manager is the lead representative within the sales region for all marketing activities for WatchGuard sales teams and channel partners. To own and drive marketing programs that meet the goals of the marketing and sales organizations with a particular focus on lead generation and new customer acquisition. You will be required to develop processes to ensure the development, delivery, implementation, and successful results of marketing programs, maintain quarterly and annual budget management, and act as a proactive member of the WatchGuard sales and marketing team in the sales region of responsibility.
- To develop and implement marketing plans as an integral part of the marketing and sales activities within specific product lines and customer market segments.
- To work in concert with the sales and marketing teams to translate business unit strategy and sales goals into geographically specific tactical marketing plans.
- Leveraging a close understanding of the market and customers’ needs, create, implement and measure impact of local/regional demand generation tactics.
- Meet with Sales leaders to create strategic and tactical marketing plans in support of pipeline and revenue objectives. Participant in regular pipeline and forecast review meetings.
- Develops and implements tactical marketing programs in conjunction with Sales, Channels, Product Marketing, Product Management, and external influencers such as user groups and industry trade associations.
- Provides onsite execution support for marketing programs.
- Tracks lead flow to ensure the appropriate Sales channels are following up with event attendees and campaignresponders in a timely manner
- A member of the WW field marketing team
- Fully responsible for the assigned regional territory
- Full reporting responsibility on regular basis
- Responsibility for planning and reporting of marketingbudget, accrual and expenditure within region
- Work with Field Marketing Management and Sales Management to reach agreement on budget for the year, quarterly program spending, and objectives.
- Create all PO’s in line with agreed budgets and submit to corporate for approval
- Ownership, management and reporting of MDF/Coop spend based on local channel business scheme.
- Review and gain approval for all expenditure plans on a quarterly basis
- Meet and support Sales and Account teams with quarterly marketing plans and delivery schedules. These must be in line with WatchGuard initiatives and announcements for that qtr.
- Meet with and develop 6 month rolling marketing plans for top strategic accounts
- Ensure accurate reporting of marketingclaims (MDF/Coop) with complete documentation based on local scheme. Includes MDF forecasting, pre approval, ROI reporting, and submission
- Selection and management of vendors as required to support marketing activities
- Report quarterly on results of previous quarter by event, expenditure, and results
- Shared management and responsibility for the WatchGuardONE program & processes within region
- Participate in the creation of channel partner initiatives. Meet with partners as required to help develop effective regional marketing programs
- Quarterly management of any and all channel programs and budgets with local Sales team
- Initiate programs to help develop existing WatchGuardONE partners; support co-marketing activities. Promote the effective use of turnkey marketingcampaigns throughout the assigned region
- Assist sales team in the development of actionable, measurable programs for the recruitment of new resellers
- Ad hoc management of telesales and telemarketing programs as needed
- Work with sales team and resellers in supporting local shows, lunch-and-learns, etc with event materials.
Channel Communication and Training
- Plan and rollout out of quarterly sales training programs via seminar and online program – working closely with product and local sales team
- Perform additional sales training when necessary within the region
- Responsible for downstream communication to the WatchGuard sales force and reseller community on channel strategy, product, and promotion
- Update as necessary region-specific channelmarketing materials that are available on the web and in collateral including web partner pages on the corporate site
- Assist in writing & editing of Partner News –ensure appropriate content for regional market
- Assist in the management of translation of collateral and other materials for the region as necessary
- Weekly communication to all partners and Distributors to keep them advised of programs, promotions & changes
- Ownership and management of channel contacts database – updates, exports & reporting
- Report on regional competitive activity with respect to sales, programs, promotions, and advertising
- Represent marketing at WatchGuard events
- Working closely with local partners & sales managers – support local shows with event materials, presentations, and content
- Plan and Dispatch of WG booth to key events include effective branding promotion and lead generation.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, Certifications/ Licenses, Competencies
- BA/BS degreepreferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a channel/field marketing role.
- Experience developing direct marketing and lead generation programs, with in depth knowledge of on-line and email marketing.
- Experience developing and implementing field marketing plans that include measurements of success.
- Strong project and people management skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Proven effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with database management and CRM systems.
- Self Motivated.
- Able to travel up to 50% when required.