Take your career to the next level by joining a high-energy team of problem solvers and innovators. JLL is partnering with one of the world’s largest online fulfillment network to ensure that buildings under our oversight operate at peak performance. We provide facility management, automation, and maintenance services in distribution centers across the U.S and Canada. Our teams of JLL technicians, facilities managers, and administrators work together to keep fulfillment center machinery running smoothly while upholding a safe environment where all employees can thrive. As we continue to grow, our JLL facilities teams need capable people ready to keep buildings and equipment in safe working order. We have over 1,000 technicians and are planning to add 500 more skilled workers this year. If you're looking for a career that will provide a fast-paced work environment, ability to grow your career and the chance to learn
The Regional Facility Manager manages a team of over 250 highly skilled technicians and managers in delivering Material Handling, Industrial Automation and Robotics services in a 24x7 logistics environment across 6-8 sites in North America. This position is responsible for achieving the expected level of service delivery as described in the Service Level Agreements and measured by the Key Performance Indicators. Additionally, the expected levels of service delivery must be achieved at the lowest possible cost, minimally within the prescribed budget for each facility. The Regional Facility Manager is part of a National Operations Team that provides services to the client across the United States, Mexico and Canada.
- Oversee the environmental and safety program for the site and foster a “Safety First” culture within the JLL and supplier teams Sets overall vision and leadership for the operations team across 6-8 Fulfillment Centers or Sort Centers Establish and execute strategic direction for operations & maintenance team in alignment with client goals.
- Ensure all Client and JLL safety procedures are followed.
- Develop training programs to increase team technical capabilities.
- Coordinate the operational aspects of the properties in a manner which protects, maintains and improves the value of the client's assets Inspect buildings’ physical plant routinely to guarantee that building services are at the highest level of quality standards.
- Monitor and review preventive maintenance programs.
- Utilize data to develop trends and insights that will drive continuous improvement in the site performance Manage third-party contractors/vendors engaged in operating and maintaining properties
- Team with Contract Manager to bid and contract for scheduled and operational maintenance and project services Transform existing operational practices to leverage JLL tools, processes, relationships, best practices to ensure service delivery is high efficient and effective.
- Maintain Site performance indicators Lead/assist in site incident investigation, utilize structure problem solving to identify root cause of failures
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with Client General Manager and Operations team by providing a seamless interface to client; must have superior leadership skills, sense of urgency, bias for action, attention to detail and creativity
- Primary interface with client representatives.
- Collaborate to determine client expectations.
- Ensures delivery of committed services and overall satisfaction with JLL performance.
- Demonstrate leadership, responsiveness and creativity in finding solutions for service delivery.
- Establish and maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and driving safe work practices timely training, best practices as well as delivering rewards and recognitions to promote safe behavior.
- Work with Sr. Regional Facility Manager and Operations Director to provide the strategy, vision and continuous improvement to drive the facility personnel to advance the quality of service delivery and further the client partnership.
- Foster a collaborative teamwork environment.
- Promote energy and enthusiasm.
- Maximize productivity.
- Motivate employees with recognition and career growth opportunities.
- Ensure optimal roll out and training in the use of standard CMMS tools, processes and systems where possible.
- Ensure facility compliance with use of the new tools.
- Complete all performance reviews, both mid-year and year-end, on a timely basis.
- Ensure that individuals that do not achieve excellence or show significant performance problems are coached and put on improvement plans.
- Work with HR to ensure proper performance management steps are taken.
- Work with the Operations Director to source employee career growth and development opportunities within or outside of the account.
- Understand employee career growth aspirations to enable matching of firm needs with employee abilities.
- Develop and maintain operating budgets for all sites, meeting targets as defined in KPIs.
- Provide written variance analysis and forecast to client
- Meet facility specific cost savings targets to contribute to the account achieving significant savings in year one and two of outsourced operations.
- Work with strategic sourcing professionals to identify cost savings opportunities and support their contracting efforts.
- Work with finance and accounting professionals to produce on-time and accurate reports, including cost savings initiatives, variance analyses, etc.
- Develop property specific multi-year capital improvement project plans. Manage the process to complete the projects
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of direct supervision of a facilities organization >200 FTE within the industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Experience within the logistics environment, a plus.
- Experience in managing Material Handling Equipment, Controls, and PIT operations
- Experience in root cause analysis, including 5 Whys, Fishbone, FMEA, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in managing 24x7 operations in a fast-paced, high pressure work environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of conveyance, high speed Sortation systems or Industrial Automation, preferred.
- Lean or Six Sigma understanding.
- Ability to plan and manage within budget and time constraints
- Familiarity with and understanding of building systems.
- Superior client relationship management skills.
- Possess strong written, verbal, and people skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Strategic thinker with strong implementation orientation
- Basic understanding of commercial leases, contract documents and routine accounting methods
- Ability to multitask and work without direct supervision
- Excellent prioritization and conflict resolution
- Strong organizational skills and collaborative management style needed Proficient in MS Office