The Manager-Regional Property Services reports to the Director, Property Services, and has two options:
1) The Manager-Regional Property Services a leadership position that manages and coordinates day to day operations for their respective regions, supervises staff, and is the primary contact for all facility and property services related functions for the region and sites as assigned by the Property Services Director. Provides direct supervision and management of the Facilities Managers assigned under this position.
· Regions include Silicon Valley, East Bay, Peninsula, and SHC/LPCH and are territorial areas comprised of facilities, which, at full build-out, will have a combined square footage of 1 million or more square feet.
· Positions in this option oversee and manage all building related requests and coordination and/or interface with the Facilities Managers (FMs), Planning, Design & Construction (PD&C), Engineering & Maintenance (E&M), property managers, landlords, customers and contract service providers as appropriate.
· Provides facilities and property management support to the organization's, owned and leased properties for the selected geographic region. Major responsibilities include customer service liaison, Property and Facility Management, and managing staff.
2) Managing and coordinating the delivery of centralized support services provided across all regions, developing and implementing standards to ensure standard property services management across the department and regions, and responsibility for special projects and initiatives as assigned by the Director-Property Services.
· Only one Mgr-RPS will be assigned to this role, which has its primary focus to improve operational effectiveness by managing the day-to-day task-oriented customer/tenant requests and centralized in-house services such as Environmental Health & Safety and Food Services in order to free up FMs for customer-focused problem solving.
· Coordination and supervision of customer coordinators and dispatchers to support facilities within and across regions is a key area of responsibility.
The Mgr-RPS is the leader of creating the staff and patient experience at all off-campus locations. In this regard, they are in a unique position to foster a campus environment at multi-building and multi-occupant sites and, in general, to help support advancing the hospital culture. This responsibility requires that they assume seamless and consistent delivery of services from FS&P departments, landlords, and property managers. The Mgr-RPS also collaborates with other hospital departments as necessary.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient's rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Employee must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the C-I-CARE Standards of the Hospital. C-I-CARE is the foundation of Stanford's patient-experience and represents a framework for patient-centered interactions.
· Manage and direct Facilities Managers at each property to ensure that the Tenants and properties are maintained at the highest possible levels and standards. Manages direct reports, vendors, and Engineering & Maintenance leads. Oversight of Engineering & Maintenance assigned to the region to assure that customers are responded to; property is maintained; and engineering practices developed and maintained for economical and efficient operation. Supervises performance of staff and conducts performance evaluations.
· Manages specific real estate portfolios including all aspects of the site including but not limited to day-to-day operations, coordination of Planning Design and Construction activities on site, fire/life safety compliance and correction of noted deficiencies. Coordinates with other Facilities Services and Planning departments to manage medical waste and hazardous material.Support the Facilities Managers on annual budget planning, pricing and implementation. Review and develop operational budgets.
· Manages facilities staff to deliver expected service levels to the client within the prescribed budget.
· Customer Service Liaison:
o Interfaces with PD&C and with FS&P to oversee/supervise new site opening activities
o Serves as primary customer service liaison for assigned sites; serves as secondary customer service liaison for sites under direct FM management
o Works with Program GM to manage customer request tracking and quality indicators; supervises FMs to maintain favorable ratings
· Property Management:
o Adheres to and/or develops metrics and quality indicators for appropriate supervision
o Supervises FMs for effective operations of region
o Handles day-to-day operations for assigned sites
o Manages E&M assigned to the region to assure customers are responded to; that property is maintained; and engineering processes and practices developed and maintained for economical, efficient operation.
o Oversees working relations between the FMs and Assistant Chiefs to assure consistent, standard coordination
o Supports/supervises construction transitions from PD&C
o Negotiates and implements contracts for services
o Supervises FMs to assure consistency of vendors and service level scope across the region
o Prepares requests for proposals (RFPs) as necessary
o Supervises FMs to assure regular site inspection with customers and suppliers
o Works with EH&S and local fire department to support fire/life safety compliance with regard to drills and evacuations; oversight of FMs to address deficiencies
o Facilities Management:
o Supervises furniture management and move/adds/changes processes to assure standardization across the region
o Conduct moves/adds/changes as needed
o Respond to all furniture needs
· Other General Management:
o Advances Stanford's SOS through active daily management
o Supervises performance of staff and conducts performance evaluations
o Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity and excellence; implements and helps manage operational plans; support the new regional growth plan and help with overall implementation; assists, as needed, with the implementation of technology to support scalability of the department
o Works with EH&S to manage medical waste and hazardous material removal; supervises FMs for consistency of process and adherence to standards
o Reviews Press Ganey data relative to Property Services and work with Facilities Managers and Engineering & Maintenance to identify improvement opportunities.
o Using A3 and lean training and concepts, look at A3 improvement opportunities and develop and mentor with the Facilities Managers continuous improvement opportunities
· Financial Management of Service Centers:
o Collaborates with E&M and PMO on capital budget planning and implementation
o Oversees preparation of five-year, recurring maintenance plans for the region
o Oversees budget variances for cost centers in the region Performs related and incidental duties as needed or assigned.
· Performs other related and incidental duties as needed or assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying. · Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university. · Experience: Five (5) years of facilities management and/or commercial property management experience. · License/Certification: CDL - Valid California Driver's License. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification. Knowledge of Facilities Management/Property Management Knowledge of Finance Knowledge of Business Communications Knowledge of Microsoft Applications Knowledge of Managing Staff Knowledge of Supporting Applications Knowledge of Customer Service Best Practices Ability to supervise Ability to implement change Ability to communicate effectively Ability to solve problems Ability to lead and engage teams Ability to manage resources including people Ability to conduct crucial conversations