Regional Equipment Sales Manager
About Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers withefficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry-leading innovations and technology. Our award-winning Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air cooled chillers and Intelligent Equipment set new standards for efficiency and value for building owners. Also, our extensive water source heat pump and appliedtechnologies, aftermarket service, and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2015 revenues in excess of $15 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
This position can be located in any of the following cities: Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, New Orleans., Memphis, Little Rock or Oklahoma City.
As a Regional Equipment Sales Manager work closely with Daikin's equipment sales representatives in the region to increase their sales effectiveness in order to grow share of market in each of the company's product categories. Understand Daikin's strategic product direction and obtain necessary product knowledge on the key products in order to provide training on new and existing products, conduct joint customer sales calls, represent the company atindustry functions and answer sales related technical questions on the products. Assist the rep in properly positioning products in engineering specifications. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Maintain a good understanding of the market place including major competitive product lines, market strategies, system types and relative costs. Effectively communicate this information with the rep, product managers and other functional areas. Provide product and competitive feedback to the factory. Identify key market trends and competitive issues and opportunities. Participate in new product development teams to provide field sales input. Work with product management in thedevelopment, implementation, and operation of consistent, data-driven pricing strategy, and tactics.
- Assist with the identification and management of strategic opportunities in the field. Interface with product management to differential Daikin's product offering and competitively position Daikin to win. Assist reps todevelop bid strategies and to optimize the product bill of material working with application engineering Act as point of contact for critical to close opportunities. Assist with the resolution of critical customer and product issues. Be able to recognize developing situations and diffuse complaints and potential problems. Act as a mediator between the field and factory organizations when standard processes are not appropriately resolving critical issues.
- In conjunction with the regional general manager, create and communicate annual representative sales quotas. Provide reports onquarterly performance and regularly communicate and/or reinforces key company information to the equipment representative sales force. Monitor rep office performance and implement corrective action for offices with unacceptable market share/price.
- Recommend, promote and attend product training classes and customer trips provided by the company in and for the region's equipment representatives.
- Work with the Regional General Manager and National Sales Manager to drive key initiatives and to address performance issues. When necessary, recommend alternative sales partners or sales structures toachieve Daikin's share targets for the territory.
- Travel to rep offices in support of product sales, training, and product promotion. Develop personal relationships with strategic customers in theregion.
This position directly reports into the regional general manager(s) for theterritories covered and indirectly to the Vice President of Sales, who will provide direction on key product initiatives. Key product initiatives will be actively worked in collaboration with the Product General Managers.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business development or related discipline
- 5+ years of salesexperience in the HVAC industry
- Demonstrated sales success -- energized by meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Demonstrated proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel), Outlook
- Outstanding relationship management, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout the territory
- Prior experience selling HVAC equipment
- Demonstrated example of taking initiative with a solid work ethic
- Exceptional communication skills, well developed listening skills, and ability to interpret business and/or client needs
Equal Opportunity Employment: It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.