Regional Environment, Health & Safety Manager, Americas
Purpose of the position
As a key member of the EHS team and the greater GRE team, this position will be responsible for the delivery of EHS services and programs across all Micro Focus locations in the AMS region.
Works across the Region and with the businesses/functions, and key suppliers/contractors to ensure implementation of an appropriate EHS management system to recognized standards (e.g. ISO45001 and ISO14001) and industry standards.
The role will manage relationships at all levels including giving advice and challenging business practice in a collaborative way to gain the right outcome, and to champion and promote effective health and safety governance, risk management and compliance.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Working closely with the Global EHS Manager and other Regional EHS Managers to ensure continuity of EHS standards across the business
- Track, review, consult and implement EHS regulations, promulgated by country, state/province and local regulatory authorities for all work activities, including those at customer sites and mobile environments.
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) advising and supporting the business as required.
- Engage and manage local service providers where required.
- Ensure all required company and statutory reporting is completed accurately and on time
- Undertake risk assessments including for complex properties and processes.
- Create training programmes including initial training needs analysis for the Region.
- Development and delivery of training courses as required.
- Act as 'Competent Person' providing advice to the company.
- Create risk and legal registers for the Region.
- Create and undertake emergency preparedness test for EHS events.
- Support the GRE team in the delivery of FM services where required
Knowledge and Skills
- Pragmatic and innovative approach
- Deep knowledge of legislation across multiple countries.
- Excellent technical abilities.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong strategic thinking, planning, and business acumen.
- Strong ability to provide guidance and direction to others.
- Strong planning, producing and executing skills with ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Proactive, resourceful and deadline orientated.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Bachelor's degree in related science field recommended;
- Typically 6-10 years' experience in a regional role recommended
- Professionally qualified to an International recognizable Health and Safety qualification such as OSHA/BCSP NEBOSH/IOSH, or NSCA or equivalent.
- Project management
- At least 2-5 implementation projects across the Americas Region.
- Experience in the service sector.
- Reports to Global EHS Manager.
- Typically interacts with MG levels of other functions, and occasionally interacts with VP.
- Sub-region geographic scope (two or more countries, or countries with higher complexity and risk).