John Crane is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (?830m)
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for engineering expertise within a sales region. Interfaces between customers and the region's technical function while providing technical support to the regional sales force.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- On-site trouble shooting, diagnostic failure analysis, recommends product application.
- Providing leadership to direct reports.
- Performing and providing leadership for typical manufacturing engineering functions including process design, layout design, facilitate Kaizen activities, quality support, ergonomics and safety.
- Networks information with sales management and other regional technical functions of successful and/or difficult problem solving experiences.
- Apply process and equipment knowledge in the analysis and solution process for problems and performance requirements in the application of John Crane products; such as, plant surveys.
- Formulate seal application needs based upon insight of the functions of the process and the operating equipment.
- Interact with the sealing industry design, applications and engineering disciplines in the verification of applicable seal technology.
- Focus and understand the particular industries found in the region.
- Review troublesome seal selections and address the problem with new updated recommendations.
- Makes engineering calculations from a computerized database; such as, FGA, C-study, Heat Generation, etc...
- Moves, raises and lowers parts weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Trains customers in the application of John Crane products and assist in training John Crane personnel in customer needs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor?s degree in Engineeringrequired, ME preferred.
- Minimum 8years increasingly responsible professional experience in plant process systems and equipment operation or design knowledge is required. Prefer experience with seals, pumps, filters used in turbo machinery and rotating equipment.
- Solid multi-project management skills and experiencerequired
- Strong interpersonal skills and well developed communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Ability to deliver on limited schedules.
- Must be able to sit for extend periods of time; a minimum of 2 hours.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the office, shop, warehouse, or manufacturing plant
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist, and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives, changing priorities and reassign priorities to complete assignments.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Complete all work in a safe manner and follow all safety requirements consistent with supporting the Company?s goals.
- Lifting guidelines in accordance with the Manual Lifting Guidelines noted in the Safety Handbook.
- Follow all environmental requirements consistent with supporting the company?s environmental performance goals.
- Complete, and actively participate in all other EHS training requirements
Work environment is typically considered within a Smiths location during normal or extended business hours to include offices, manufacturing plants and repair facilities. Work environment may also include customer sites including oil well sites, and meeting venues.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and approved PPE is required when on the factory floor
It is the policy of John Crane to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local LAW. In addition, John Crane will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.