The Engineering Group Manager is a senior management level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department in an effort to drive a variety of engineering activities including the design, acquisition and deployment of hardware, software and networkinfrastructure in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to lead efforts to ensure quality standards are being met within existing and planned framework.
- Ensure the goals of functional area are delivered to appropriate Operations & Technology (O&T) organizations
- Oversee O&T spending to ensure the firm's finances are budgeted and spent according to the Chief Technology officer's (CTO) technology strategies
- Manage overall execution of IT strategy and roadmap for the technology area
- Lead operational readiness and conformance to global operational standards for ongoing operation and support
- Utilize an in-depth understanding of how engineering integrates within technology and commercial awareness
- Responsible for training and coaching team members, performance management activities, monitoring quantity and quality of work, and addressing development needs for assigned personnel
- Make evaluative judgment based on analyzing information in complicated or unique situations; utilizing multiple sources of information
- Impact engineering through overseeing planning, finances / budget, end results and policy setting
- Negotiate with senior leaders across functions and with external parties, as required
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in an Engineering role with commensurate experience in people management.
- Experience working in Financial Services or a large complex and/or global environment
- Project Management experience
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Comprehensive knowledge of design metrics, analytics tools, benchmarking activities and related reporting to identify best practices
- Demonstrated analytic/diagnostic skills
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and partner with virtual teams
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of a project or initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and manage to tight deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Proven track record of operational process change and improvement
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
Blend of managerial, deep technical, and stakeholder management skills. Responsible for being the lead regional representative for all Development and Core Services D&CS. Responsible for driving enablement, education, and adoption of D&CS capabilities and services at the regional level. Work closely with solution architects, application managers, development leads and principle engineers to assist in the adoption of D&CS services Create and maintain product roadmaps / regional consumption roadmaps of the D&CS services. Working with regional teams, provide feedback, roadmap items, and prioritize regional backlog improvements to central teams. Establish and maintain regional inner-source model to allow for regional contributions to central D&CS components. Facilitate regional communities of practice to help drive adoption and improvements of D&CS services. Ensure quality, performance, scalability and reliability of D&CS services at the regional level. Look for ways to optimize the total cost of ownership and efficiencies of D&CS services for the region