Dart is seeking a proven and experienced Regional EHS Manager who will be instrumental in guiding and educating our Plant Manufacturing Leadership on safety culture initiatives, along with ensuring the positive reinforcement of safe behaviors, shared ownership of safety processes and active employee involvement.
As the Regional EHS Manager you will play a key role in our operations, bringing knowledge of safety programs, OSHA regulations and hands-on experience with GMP (General Manufacturing Practices). Additionally, you will mentor EHS staff, develop and deliver EHS education and training to plant leadership and serve as subject matter expert providing guidance on the development and implementation of safety programs.
As a family-owned and operated company for more than 60 years, we have a foundation built on honesty, integrity, teamwork and respect for the individual. We’ve created a workplace where people who share our values thrive. And we're proud to continually invest in providing an environment centered on safety, community, health and wellness.
It only takes one application to be considered. See below for details and apply today!
- Support manufacturing operations by assessing procedural adherence, EHS program understanding, implementation status of Core Safety Requirements, safety culture initiatives and behaviors, and development of corrective actions through regular site visits of at least one per quarter to all locations within assigned region
- Communicate and assist plants with execution of the EHS strategic initiatives and annual EHS objectives and targets within assigned region
- Educate and guide Plant Manufacturing Leadership regarding Safety Culture Initiatives and gain their buy-in as it relates to the promotion of positive reinforcement of safe behaviors, shared ownership of safety process, and active employee involvement in region
- Design and document programs for adherence to Dart EHS policies and local, state, and federal regulations
- Conduct Corporate Safety Assessment as an audit team member for all plants within region and a percentage of plants outside of region
- Attend all Plan for Zero Workshops within region and facilitate some outside of region
- Support and participate in all Regional Manufacturing Director Quarterly Safety Reviews for region
- Develop and deliver EHS education and training to plant leadership and staff as needed for both the region and corporation
- Support facilities during inspections, communications, and other interactions with regulatory agencies
- Participate on project teams to assure appropriate level of EHS review during design, install, and start up process. Includes partnering with Engineering, Operations, and Quality functions to ensure integration of EHS elements into design process
- Lead or participate in investigations of serious incidents within assigned region
- Monitor region’s EHS key performance indicators (KPIs) and assist sites in attaining their Performance targets
- Participate with EHS Sr Director and other Regional EHS Managers in reviewing, recommending and communicating new and established policies, procedures and programs for compliance, effectiveness and consistency
Core Skills and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- Requires one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Seven (7) years of experience managing EHS issues in a manufacturing environment
- In-depth experience of OSHA regulations and requirements
- Displays strong interpersonal skills and is accessible and approachable
- Ability to utilize business sense and creativity to develop new ideas, approaches and solutions
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, cost analysis and budgeting, people management, and leadership guidance
- Ability to utilize and train employees on technology, processes and procedures across multiple locations
- Excellent verbal and written skills necessary in order to persuade and influence decision making of individuals, groups, or work teams, and to communicate difficult issues
- Experience in managing/handling compliance issues, permitting for all media, OSHA/EPA programs, regulatory reviews, permit preparation, reporting and record keeping.
- Experience in evaluating/interpreting OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations and NFPA, ANSI, ASTM, ASME, BOMA and BOCA standards.
- Experience with Federal, State and local Worker’s Compensation law
- Prior experience establishing proactive Ergonomics Program
- Experience using Microsoft Office, including the ability to create basic reports, documents, presentations and spreadsheets in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Demonstration of minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues
- Candidate can live anywere as long as they live within 60 miles (1 hour) of a major airport.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- BS degree in Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering or other science field.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience managing multi-shift or continuous operations
- Paper converting, chemical/plastics processing and packaging industrial experience
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Professional Engineer (PE), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Certified Safety Professional (ASP/CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification
- Verbal and written fluency in Spanish language
Dart Container is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are subject to a drug test (excluding THC/marijuana/cannabis) and background check at the time of offer.