Lead field distribution activities targeted at achieving service, cost, and quality goals for assigned logistics networks.
- Lead daily operations of the delivery network including training, evaluation, and compliance to AWC product handling specifications within assigned networks.
- Recommends changes to the sourcing of network providers.
- Influences the evaluation and selection of 4PL providers.
- Manages the execution of the Quality System including interface with AWC Quality organization
- Manages operational relationships with supply chain services departments, interface with 4pl organizations, and AWC internal clients including liaison to servicing plant, delivery providers, customer service, quality, and sales regional teams.
- Facilitate problem resolution with both internal and external client and providers.
- Manage and updates Client/Provider agreement relationships
- Leads special projects as assigned, influences content and team member selection.
- Cross train and develop proficiency in all areas of the Distribution Team.
- Provides training on Logistics programs to clients.
- Implement best practice initiatives to improve service and/or minimize costs.
- Participate in back-up work, as needed, to meet team responsibilities and goals.
- Support efforts by all members of the American Woodmark Team to continuously improve team, location, and company performance.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
This position does not have any direct reports. However, this position is responsible for mentoring of internal field operations personnel, along with dotted line authority with outsourced delivery providers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
Education, Experience and Skills
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or Logistics or a related field.
- 5 - 7 years of progressive experience in sales, quality, operations, or other distribution related position.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Drive, determination, and discipline of a self-starter
- The ability to learn and utilize assorted freight / traffic information and billing systems.
- Understanding of the transportation industry, especially final mile operations.
- Proven ability to lead complex projects through completion.
- Ability to build business relationships and work effectively with all levels of employees within AWC, the customer's organization; and our outside vendors and suppliers.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common distribution and business publications, financial reports, and legal documents or summaries, as well as;
- Listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers/clients.
- Develop presentations to be delivered to team management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to be persuasive.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, as well as:
- Apply mathematical operations to such tasks as statistical math calculations, analyzing and correlating data, and compilation of financial data.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions, as well as;
- Think strategically in support of continuous delivery system improvement.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is required to have good physical dexterity. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.