Tilson is seeking an experienced and dedicated leader to lead a geographic region of Tilson's largest and fastest growing business units. The Regional Director, plays a vital role in the Small Cell team, facilitating 5G and other wireless deployment projects across the country.
This position directs and supports the work of project managers who in turn lead project teams. These teams provide a variety of services to our customers including site acquisition, A&E, municipal engagement, licensing, permitting, construction and maintenance.
- Responsible for the overall success of multiple large small cell and turnkey telecom deployment projects. This position is accountable for the profitability, resourcing, safety and overall timely delivery of projects within an assigned geography.
- Hire, develop and motivate project teams across the US. Frequent travel to the local offices, headquarters and client sites will be required.
- Establish budget and staffing plans for each contract/program/project and develop key metrics to track and trend against.
- Accountability and management of a $10M+ P&L with growth goals of 20%-35% year over year.
- Be actively engaged in growing the business, including selling to new customers and growing existing accounts.
- Lead, coach and develop staff. Accountable for the development and organization of the team to support growth and customer delivery.
- Responsible for ensuring a high level of satisfaction for the services provided by the project team to customers within the region.
- Deploy solutions to ensure budgets and forecasts are met and changes to forecasts are communicated timely.
- Develop project estimates with the team to support bids and business development activities.
- Provide point of escalation for internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with peers, senior management, and PMO to ensure development and implementation of processes and tools is aligned with yearly and long-term goals.
- Ensure efficient labor utilization within the organization and through cross practice resource sharing.
- Report weekly and monthly on forecast vs actual targets, program financials, challenges, etc.
- Must be able to work cross functionally.
- Bachelor's degree required in Business Administration or related degree preferred.
- Experienced in Project Management and in leading project management teams across a regional footprint.
- Experienced in working with wireless and fiber carriers and have a deep understanding of the industry.
- Demonstrated ability to grow a business.
- Experience in directly managing large teams of employees and outside vendors.
- Must have strong leadership and organizational development skills.
- Proven experience driving growth and profitability in a high pace, technical field.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Willingness to work extended hours as needed, with 30-50% travel within the US.
- Proven record of working successfully with ambiguous information and limited direction.