Encore believes in the growth and development of every employee. From Driver to Director, you'll see it a hundred times. We believe that our greatest asset is our people, and in that we are serious about preserving the knowledge and expertise that our employees bring and acquire working for our company.
Do you have labor relations and union negotiation expertise? Do you want to have an impact in a growing global company?This role will be seen as a strategic resource for the business unit they support and takes a more consultative role working in HR as an employee champion and change agent. This is a Sr. Leadership role in our west coast markets and will be a key driver to the continued success and expansion of the organization.
The Regional Director / Senior Director - Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employee and management in designated regions and/or functions. The HRBP will be assigned to a region and/or function to ensure the effective deployment of HR strategies, processes, policies, systems and metrics that contribute to the overall success of the business. The HRBP will serve as a consultant to management and will work proactively to recognize issues and develop appropriate measures and tools to enhance business unit performance. The HRBP will also maintain an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its mid-range plans, its culture and its competition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as key, trusted advisor to leadership on business direction, particularly related to people aspects of the business by demonstrating a thorough understanding of business strategies, competitive landscape and current, anticipated and potential future business challenges.
- Collaboratively designs solutions from a holistic HR and process thinking perspective within a relevant business context and communicates in business terms.
- Proactively guides business leaders in identifying, prioritizing and building current and future talent strategies, pipelines, behaviors, structures, and processes, supported by data and analysis.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity, and stimulate employee development and retention.
- Builds and maintains business knowledge for assigned areas of responsibility, including organizational strategy, competitive strengths, industry dynamics, profit levels, customers, and competitors, as well as how the business’s focus fits into the overall Encore Event Technologies business strategy.
- Guide’s organizational change through application of extensive knowledge related to the business and industry trends, relationship development and partnership skills, key internal Company processes, as well as Human Resources experience.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Designs and maintains organization succession charts as the performance of the business unit improves.
- Proven ability to link HR strategy to business goals and be able to partner with colleagues to influence broader HR strategies and practices for the benefit of the organization.
- Exceptional judgment, demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and be creative in developing alternative solutions in a fast paced environment.
- Proven capability to work successfully across a large, matrixed global organization with multiple constituents.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult issues.
- Proven record of leading an organization in a highly dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across divisions, functions and levels.
- Ability to leverage data to formulate strategy and drive business results.
- Effective communication (verbal and written), negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Excellent project management and change management skills.
- Strong internal and external customer service focus.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify and handle priority and/or sensitive issues with discretion, and a commitment to confidentiality.
- Strong written and verbal skills necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as federal and state legislation, business plans, and employee handbook policies.
- Ability to write detailed investigations and professional correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups employees at any level of the organization.
- Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient knowledge of standard office equipment, PC skills, and Microsoft Products required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field required
- Master’s degreepreferred or JDpreferred
- Experienced HR leader, preferred with 15+ years of demonstrated performance and ability to provide Strategic and tactical HR consultation to executives and employees on HR issues including Business Management and Strategy, Workforce Planning and Employment, Human Resource Development, Performance & Talent Management, Total Rewards, Organizational Diagnosis, Employee and Labor Relations, Risk Management, Talent Acquisition, Diversity, and Federal / State Employment Laws; Mergers & Acquisition experiencepreferred; HR certification preferred; Five years or more of experience in one of the HR specialization disciplines is preferred: Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards; Talent Management; Organizational Effectiveness; Labor Relations – Chief Negotiator; Will have global responsibilities for enterprise-wide HR/business projects.