Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Ensure that subordinate Community Association Managers fulfill all of the obligations of their position guides.
- Meeting managers regularly to determine their needs and give them informal and formal feedback
- Orientate new managers to their positions
- Review monthly reports for conformance to standards; make revisions to commission payments based on the criteria of the commission plan as reported on the monthly reports. Spot-check the accuracy of these reports
- Ensure that the Manager promotes training of Board Members on their roles and responsibilities
- Contact Boards on a regular basis -- in person or on the phone to determine their level of satisfaction with the Manager
- Stay alert to the danger of Associations leaving FirstService Residential. Foresee the danger and install an action plan to resolve the issues. Inform the VP of these situations
- Conduct formal performance evaluations with all subordinate employees as per company policy
- Ensure that all managers remain current on their continuing education and that they remain qualified to work
- Act as a resource for the managers, giving them timely and appropriate advice and guidance
- Pay special attention to provisional managers and assist them in becoming fully qualified
- Review and approve all mass mailings from the managers. This includes newsletters, agendas and various official notices
- Develop the competence of the managers in order to have a manager ready for promotion should one become open
- Attend Board meetings as needed for Board Evaluation as well as Provisional training and oversight
- Assists with the Transition Coordinator in ensuring new accounts are brought on board successfully and timely with special attention to standard verbiage and info center questions
- Communicate regularly with the VP on ideas, areas of concern, etc. to allow for proactive responses with clients, including submission for the critical watch list report
- Participates in Business Development activities including attendance at local trade shows and CAI events
- Networks with vendors to allow for solicitation of new business
- Participates in Prospective Client meetings as needed and scheduled by VP
- All other duties as assigned
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
- The Regional Director will have a staff of Community Managers and support staff to supervise.
Education & Experience
- College degree preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent
- CAM license required; additional licenses preferred (PCAM, etc.)
- Previous management experience over personnel required
- Excellent computer, communication and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have use of a personal vehicle for business purposes, adequate automobile insurance and a valid driver's license
- Must be able to "walk" community as necessary