The Regional Director Scotiatrust is responsible for the development and achievement of the region’s overall growth strategy, profit plan, and sales goals through the profitable delivery of superior client service and high quality solutions to Scotiatrust’s high net worth clients, in accordance with client expectations and in compliance with policies and procedures.
The incumbent is responsible for leading and coaching a team to ensure they have the skills and knowledge to provide the full range of Scotiatrust services and solutions.
The incumbent also maintains a close, collaborative working relationship with other Scotia Wealth Management, Wealth Management Client Solutions and Scotiabank business heads in the region with a focus on deepening and broadening Scotiabank client relationships.
Develops and executes strategic business plans by:
- Negotiating and executing the region’s overall growth strategy, profit plan, and sales goals;
- Providing direction and support to direct reports for resolution of complex client issues in a timely manner;
- Developing a visible community profile for Scotia Wealth Management and Scotiatrust;
- Developing and maintaining an external COI network for external business referrals.
- Serving as the primary leadership contact for the region, establishing close working relationships with other Scotia Wealth Management and Scotiabank partners to create business line awareness and generate internal referrals;
- Broadening and deepening client relationships by bringing together the expertise and resources of Scotia Wealth Management to deliver the full range of Scotia Wealth Management solutions to clients.
Leads the sales/service management strategy by:
- Leading, coaching and motivating the team to exceed profit plan and sales objectives and recognizing/rewarding sales/service excellence;
- Actively managing performance of direct reports against sales goals/business plans;
- Providing effective and timely training and performance management;
- Collaborating with Solutions Regional/Market leaders to designate primary relationship managers assignments;
- Developing a broad knowledge base to ensure all client facing team members have skills necessary to promote the full suite of Wealth products and services;
- Championing and facilitating the sharing of best practices to enhance client and relationship managers experiences (e.g. strategy & business development campaigns);
- Managing the overall quality and timeliness of client service in compliance with corporate policies and procedures, the operation document(s), legislation, and court precedent.
Leads the risk management strategy for the region by:
- Identifying and managing problem accounts early to minimize potential losses;
- Ensuring effective management controls are in place;
- Providing leadership and technical expertise to the Regional Discretionary Powers Committee;
- Maintaining a high degree of working knowledge of regulatory and legislative requirements in all jurisdictions within assigned region;
- Ensuring the region complies with all regulatory and compliance requirements including Privacy, Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing, FATCA, QI, Know Your Customer, CASL.
- Ensuring strict adherence to Bank security procedures, including assigned authorities and limits;
- Providing direction and support for unit audits and ensuring timely responses to any audit findings and sustainment of corrective activities;
- Reporting unusual or suspicious transactions in accordance with policies and escalating to Scotiatrust Executive Offices as required;
- Escalating fraudulent activities, unusual occurrences, issues/deficiencies/trends to the Managing Director & Head, Scotiatrust as applicable.
Oversees compliance management for the region by:
- Maintaining oversight of local supervisory functions and compliance requirements;
- Partnering with Compliance to create and maintain regulatory policies and procedures including assigned authorities and limits;
- Overseeing the implementation and execution of regulatory changes.
Ensures operational effectiveness for the region by:
- Managing the regional profit plan (e.g. revenue planning, expenditures, etc.);
- Supporting client experience issues and the formal complaints process;
- Executing the Scotiatrust recruitment strategy for Relationship Managers, Directors, Branch Managers, by attracting and retaining top talent including maintaining a network of competitor contacts and potential recruits and fill recruitment pipeline, managing the interview and hiring process, coordinating the onboarding of new employees with the local market;
- Maintaining a succession plan including input into the Bank’s Leadership Resource Planning;
- Completing annual complement plan, monitoring staffing levels and making adjustments to plan as appropriate;
- Utilizing enablers (e.g. dashboard reporting, CRM, etc.) and supporting the adoption of new tools, technologies, and processes to effectively manage the region
- Ensuring daily and periodic management controls are in place and effective;
- Ensuring workflows and organization plans are efficient and effective.
Provides leadership to motivate and develop individual and team performance by:
- Fostering and developing a strong, positive team environment, driving employee empowerment, innovation and a high degree of engagement;
- Driving the internal communications process by ensuring all employees are aware of key projects, corporate goals and ongoing critical changes affecting clients;
- Exhibiting an ability to listen, negotiate and communicate goals;
- Ensuring the performance management process is in place and employee development is a priority for all employees on the team;
- Sharing knowledge, experience and responsibility with employees in a drive for the highest standards of professionalism, sales and service excellence;
- Regularly scheduling one-on-one coaching with direct reports;
- Identifying and supporting training and developmental needs of team members and participation in the development of training programs;
- Managing staffing requirements and departmental workloads.
Contribute to the effective functioning of Scotiatrust by:
- Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business lines and corporate functions;
- Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication by actively participating and contributing to touchbases, team meetings, encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches and actively sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members;
- Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan.
- Professional or Industry accreditation in addition to a University degree;
- Minimum of 15years of directly related experience;
- Proven success in senior management positions within Wealth Management, Fiduciary and/or Trust Industry is essential;
- Participation in CSI and STEP;
- TEP designation would be an asset.
Requisition ID: 19720