The Regional Director (RD) of Sales is responsible for the sales and growth of Natera’s genetic testing products to include noninvasive prenatal testing, carrier screen testing and miscarriage testing. The RD ensures profitable growth in sales, through the planning, execution and management of a team of six to eight clinical field specialists (sales representatives) in a specified geography. The RD is responsible for the development, activities and goal achievement of the team; she also is responsible for budget management and coordination of corporate support to achieve sales goals.
The Regional Director of Sales ensures that all sales and management objectives are met and exceeded:
- Educating and recruiting Key Opinion Leaders from the OBGYN medical community.
- You will become an expert in Natera’s technology and service offerings and be able to represent the company and its business interests: physicians and hospitals.
- Develop and execute plans to ensure rapid distribution of all products.
- Develop business plans based on sales goals, expectations and available resources, including regional strategies and tactics.
- The position includes recruiting, selecting, hiring and coordinating the training of all sales professionals within your region.
- Effectively provide constructive feedback to sales professionals in order to help maximize their potential.
- Spend a sufficient amount of time, as defined by the VP, in the field with sales professionals in order to help them develop, as well as provide direction and feedback.
- Provide direction based on field input, market assessments and trends in order to develop a region which is consistently implementing "Best Practices".
- Plan, design and implement territory alignment based on maximum ROI.
- Support sales professionals by providing guidance and career development.
- Establish positive working relationships with all key customer segments (internal and external).
- Minimum three years physician sales experience in diagnostic laboratory business (preferably in a genetics laboratory).
- Minimum of 5 years successful sales management experience preferably in diagnostic laboratory business.
- BA (business, marketing) / MBA optional.
- Background in medical or biological sciences (clinical diagnostics preferred).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proven track record of success in leading a team of sales people to develop new markets, launch new products and increase revenue quickly.
- Award winning management track record.
- Market knowledge and experience in reproductive health preferred.
- Effective time management skills required.
- Team oriented.
- Excellent Coach, and is coachable.
- Excellent initiative and self-motivation.
- The ability to effectively maneuver through complex situations, internal and external.
- Creative problem solver.
- Be a proven leader, with the ability to think strategically as well as execute tactically.
- Act with a sense of urgency, with a focus on leading a team of sales people to drive exceptional revenue growth.
- Develop and execute strategic business plans.
- Be confident they can provide record breaking growth, create and implement successful sales strategies and desire to play a critical role in the success of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel; Gmail; Sales Force.com.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- 75% travel required.
- Co- travel with Clinical Field Specialists calling on physician offices and hospitals
- Extensive phone and computer work