The Regional Director provides Practice Sites with guidance and support on all operational issues. Ensures that operational policies, procedures, and new initiatives across clinics are of high quality, legally compliant and consistent. Assumes Practice Manager responsibilities during vacancies and new site development. Works collaboratively with Senior Leadership within the RWJBarnabas Health, providing support for annual budget development, strategic planning initiatives, and clinical integration throughout the region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operational Advisor/Supporter: Provides support and guidance to Practice Sites, regarding all aspects of operations and service delivery. Establishes goals, long term objectives and strategy of the clinics. Spends time at all clinical sites on a regular basis.
- Management of Across Clinic Regulations/Policy Adherence: Manages internal and external (governmental, industry) operating protocols. Supports, monitors and communicates across clinics regarding changes to operating policies and procedures. Assists with the development and implementation of new policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Workflow Efficiency: Analyzes and ensures efficient workflow and develops and implements improvements across clinics. Monitors patient access and patient volumes and labor productivity. Makes adjustments to staffing levels to maximize revenue, minimize unnecessary cost and improve efficiency and effectiveness of the clinic sites.
- Quality Improvement Initiatives: Assists in the development of a quality improvement program that designs, plans, measures, and improves the practice functions and key clinical populations served. Participates in ongoing monitoring and evaluation of program effectiveness, including but not limited to, incident monitoring, patient/family satisfaction with services , monitoring of key systems of performance required to support the program and indicators of clinical quality related to the patient populations served . Implements new clinical programs and services.
- Acts as Interim Practice Manager: Performs duties of vacant Practice Manager position(s) on an interim basis as a last resort when agreed that other options are not available, including but not limited to functional management of education, human resources, operations, patient care, finance, quality and safety.
- Compliance Management: Assists in meeting medical-practice-related compliance with all local, State, and Federal laws regarding licensure and certification.
- Oversees the daily clinic operations
- Coordinates and manages special projects and marketing activities
- Analyzes, evaluates and reports statistical data to optimize the use of resources and staff
- Assists in the preparation of annual budgets necessary for all clinic sites to fulfill their goals and objectives including planning workload and need for personnel, space, equipment and support services
- Monitors operation budget performance for all sites including physician production (RVU)
- Assists in the selection, employment, development and management of employees. Evaluates supervisory and administrative workloads to ensure equitable distribution and to determine whether reduction or addition of personnel is necessary.
- Ensures that patient satisfaction is at a high level at all times
- Facilities Management:
- Manages and oversees the maintenance and upkeep of clinics.
- Ensures compliance with safety regulations and monitors space needs
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration or related field; Master's preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a progressively responsible clinic administrator position. Physician Practice Management experiencerequired
- Membership in the MGMA and ACMPE or ACC, preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral/written communication skills are essential
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of management, physicians, clinicians, support staff and customers
- Must possess a strong financial expertise
Job Number: REQ28566-POS56264