JOB PURPOSE: The Regional Director oversees all aspects of sales, operations and merchandising with a geographic span of approximately 100 stores. This position will have approximately 8 - 10 District Manager direct reports. The Regional Director turns corporate strategy into successful customer experiences by having a passion for people, operations and visual. Communicates a clear vision of business expectations by motivating and driving a culture through District Managers and Store leaders. Responsible for fostering a culture of retention by maintaining a diverse, prideful and quality workforce. Accomplishes results in a way that is consistent with Carters core values.
- Plans for growth with proven success at building succession within the region by utilizing internal and external sources
- Responsible for identifying talent, providing ongoing feedback and developing capabilities at the district level
- Collaborates with District leaders and HR partner to improve retention, identifying possible opportunities and implement solutions
- Strategically plans regional growth as it pertains to people development, store alignments and regional staffing needs
- Communicates clear expectations and holds team and self-accountable to high standards of performance.
- Identifies and develops talent to meet both short-term and long-term business objectives.
- Leads and inspires a customer centric culture by recognizing and rewarding teams.
- Assesses customer feedback tools and ensures the development of action plans for improvement to ensure a consistently positive customer experience.
- Achieves district sales budget, financial and expense targets by setting and ensuring accountability to expectations for performance for all team members.
- Analyzes business trends, KPIs and opportunities to make effective business decisions.
- Partners with business partners to maximize business opportunities for the market and the brand by sharing market, customer and competitor insights.
- Partners with field leaders - HR, Loss Prevention and Real Estate - to support delivering on brand goals and strategies.
- Drives brand loyalty by creating and leading an outstanding internal and external customer experience within the store environment.
- Manage and improve customer conversion through leveraging KPIs, improved replenishment process, marketing execution, managing markdowns, etc.
- Champions operational excellence to maximize efficiencies and deliver results
- Collaborates effectively with functional partners to ensure the security of monetary and physical company assets
- Ensure the region is maintaining high standards of merchandise placement, store signage, inventory, and proper display techniques to create an inviting place to shop
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve performance through regular business analysis, competitor visits and soliciting feedback from store team members and customers
- Set a positive example by consistently demonstrating Carters leadership behaviors and values
- Maintain a professional relationship at all levels within the organization and be fully compliant with Carters code of ethics
- Foster a positive environment with open communications, timely resolution and regulatory compliance
- Develop and maintain strong relationships within the community and foster existing ones to build the brand
- Establishes and builds trust within the districts
Experience and Skills
- Proven track record of exceptional performance
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong retail background in soft lines and specialty required
- Organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task
- Computer literacy/proficiency in a windows operation system
- Travel to include overnight travel to locations in region up to 75%
- Minimum of three years multi-unit Regional experience (equivalent to a minimum of 10 years of DM multi-unit experience)
- Bachelors degree in business related field strongly preferred
- Must reside in a major market within geographical territory