$80K — $100K *
Provides management, direction, and leadership to ensure the properties in the portfolio group are operated in accordance with Company objectives. Responsibilities include working closely with the Association Managers, Board of Directors and developers to manage and operate the community. This position requires a thorough understanding of residential property management and the successful candidate must have the competency to serve as the "expert" on community management procedures. Equally important for this position is the Director's ability to establish and develop strong relationships between the Company and our Board member clients. Strong management, customer service, interpersonal, and supervisory skills are required. Acts as a member of the Senior Management team.
* Responsible for compliance with Company guidelines and management operations as it relates to specific procedures listed herein.
* Provides ongoing training and development of Connect program and ensures implementation is fully complied with by all subordinate staff.
* Provides specific assistance to Association Managers in trouble-shooting specific problems on properties where additional leadership and/or training are needed, or when Board/homeowner relationships are in jeopardy.
* Mentors the Association Manager with respect to Connect, property inspections, financial reporting, leadership, Board and committee relations, and contracts. Reports concerns to supervisor for follow up.
* Attends management and leadership staff meetings as appropriate.
* Participates in Corporate committees as assigned.
* Interviews prospective managers and participates in the hiring and selection process for team members.
* Provides five-star customer service at all times by attending to all calls and messages within a twenty four (24) hour period.
* Acts as intermediary with owner/residents, on-site managers, and all other staff, to assist in prompt response to questions/problems, during the absence or vacation of supervisors.
* Learns, embraces and integrates company's core values and leadership principles.
* Actively engages in the sharing, mentoring, development and networking of the tools, projects, and learning that come from current experiences and prior history of your managed accounts.
* Uses Company tools, policies, and philosophies in the job, and integrates to the team and staff.
* Special projects as developed and assigned.
Supervision of Association Management Staff and Their Accounts
* Directly supervises Association Managers and other association management support staff.
* Coordinates and monitors service of vendors to associations.
* Oversees processing of customer service requests and complaints.
* Monitors violations, work orders, projects and Connect. Ensures compliance and correct use of Company technology and tools by subordinates and reports same to Board of Directors.
* Coordinates, schedules and attends Boards of Directors meetings as needed for each of their subordinates.
* Reviews monthly Board of Directors packet prepared by staff for content and structure.
* Attends board and membership meetings proactively, in an effort to mentor managers, create and maintain relationships with board members, and ensure client retention.
* Reviews any mass mailings to the membership (budget information, newsletters, election information, etc.) produced by staff supervised.
* Reviews Company reports for trending and compliance and responsible for attaining goals and adherence to Company standards of operation.
* Monitors compliance with Civil and Corporation Code requirements for accounts managed by team.
* Payroll processing and 100% compliance with submission deadline.
* Execution of performance evaluations with 100% compliance with supervisor submission deadline. This includes the understanding of staff disciplinary and termination procedures.
* Development of client retention strategy for all watch list accounts, key accounts, and other accounts as deemed appropriate by supervisor.
* Understanding of contract terms, renewal dates and implementation within book of business supervised.
* Understands and owns process for account on-boarding and termination whether it be voluntary or involuntary.
* Conducts property visits as required and provides supervisors and Association Managers with recommendations and observations to improve the property.
* Assists in reviewing budgets before they are submitted to the Board for approval.
* Provides oversight, on-boarding of new staff, and training to new managers as they work through required training and ensures training compliance.
* Ensures that property inspections are taking place regularly by reviewing monthly reports and providing follow-up on problem areas to ensure action taken is effective.
* Reviews income statements and variance reports for all portfolio properties on a quarterly basis to ensure quality and accuracy, and addresses any concerns as appropriate.
* Ensures managers are coding invoices timely by spot-checking regularly and addressing any concerns.
* Reviews Connect functions on a regular basis to ensure managers are utilizing Connect to manage the property effectively, including work orders, management reports, minutes, update website news, newsletters, calendars, committee and Board lists and documents updates.
* Oversees projects involving all Association Managers to ensure timely completion of certain seasonal projects, including budgets, holiday décor installation, color installation, annual meetings, etc.
* Reviews all complete Board meeting packets for assigned Central Houston Association Managers at least three days prior to each board meeting.
* Reviews all annual meeting packets for assigned Central Houston Association Managers at least one week prior to each Board meeting.
* Ensures all vendor contracts and appropriate community documents are saved on shared drive and Connect.
* Additional projects as assigned by supervisor or management.
Account Management Responsibilities
* At times the Director will have direct oversight of a property. In this event, the Director will be responsible for all the manager duties until a new manager is assigned.
* Reviews and authorizes payment of invoices.
* Organizes and maintains all Association files in accordance with Company procedures.
* Coordinates schedules and attends Boards of Directors meetings of directly managed accounts.
* Prepares and distributes monthly Board of Directors packets for accounts directly managed.
* Authors and coordinates with business center any mass mailings to the membership (budget information, newsletters, election information, etc.)
* Organizes and maintains all association information (keys, landscape hot sheets, clubhouse info).
* Prepares bid specifications and coordinates obtaining of bids for services as necessary at each association.
* Prepares a draft budget for each association a minimum of one time per year as required.
* Interacts and follows up with all Board members and homeowners regarding common area issues on each association managed.
* Proficient in Outlook, Connect, Jenark, ADP, Avid, Concur, etc.
* Independent review of preliminary and final financial statements. Understands and recognizes association cash flow, able to inform Board as to negative and or positive and provides recommendations.
* Proficient in delinquency and collections processes.
* Proficient in Association budget preparation, review, and regulatory requirements.
* Understands management contract and able to defend appropriately.
* Coordinates set up of new account and pre-management as requested for accounts assigned to team supervised.
* Possesses a thorough understanding of plats, ownership, and property rights.
* Understands the Board election process and ability to see portfolio clients through from start to finish.
* Understands the legislative process and able to educate clients on new laws.
Performance Management of Team
* Performance management of all direct reports.
* Influences and mentors managers that provide oversight to indirect reports, as well as influences and mentors full team.
* Develops and leads with participatory involvement portfolio team meetings, all team meetings and individual manager touch-base meetings.
* Uses internal and external organizational development tools, resources, and leadership team to stabilize the retention of staff members and develop career paths for those that desire growth.
* Enforces the use of policies, tools and programs by staff in the day-to-day management and operations
Valid through: 5/19/2021