Tilson is on a mission to build America's information infrastructure and we are seeking individuals from across the country to join us. Recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for ten years in a row, Tilson is a high growth team of driven professionals with a national practice. We build high-performing teams who take on the largest and most impactful projects for our clients.
Tilson is seeking an experienced and dedicated leader for one of Tilson’s largest and fastest growing business units. The Regional Director of Outside Plant plays a vital role in Tilson’s leadership team, overseeing Tilson’s OSP engineering and construction teams for the west. The ideal candidate will have experience in a high growth environment and be motivated by the opportunity to build teams and the business. Key areas of focus include:
- Coaching and mentoring leaders and building high functioning teams
- Supporting daily operations and project execution
- Financial management and planning at the divisional and large program level
- Visionary management of business process and systems evolution
- Culture and safety standard bearer for Tilson
- Lead, coach and develop business line leaders and staff on operational excellence including strong financial management of projects and programs.
- Implementation of Tilson and divisional strategy including development of both short term and long-term strategic goals and initiatives.
- Divisional P&L responsibilities with growth goals of 30%+ year over year.
- Responsible for the safety, operations, innovation, quality of services provided by the team to its customers and internal stakeholders nationwide.
- Be actively engaged in growing the business, including new business development and the development of strategic partnerships.
- Lead, coach and develop business line leaders and staff. Accountable for the development and organization of the teams to support growth and customer delivery.
- Responsible for ensuring a high level of satisfaction for the services provided by the OSP Division team to its customers.
- Develop yearly, monthly and project-based financial and productivity forecasts and measure success against forecast. Deploy solutions to ensure budgets and forecasts are met and changes to forecasts are communicated timely.
- Develop project estimates with the team to support bids and business development activities.
- Provide executive account management and business development for key clients.
- Evaluate overall workforce development strategy and work with VP of Workforce to ensure human resources, training and development plans align with growth objectives.
- Provide point of escalation for internal and external stakeholders and serve as the accountable escalation and decision maker.
- Work with peers and senior management to ensure development and implementation of processes and tools is aligned with yearly and long-term goals.
- Ensure efficient labor utilization within the organization and through cross practice resource sharing.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business Administration, Construction Management, Engineering or related degree.
- Must have experience in outside plant engineering, construction or both.
- Experienced in Project Management and in leading project management teams across a national footprint.
- Experienced in working with wireless and fiber carriers and have a deep understanding of the industry.
- Demonstrated ability to grow a business.
- Must have strong leadership and organizational development skills.
- Proven experience driving growth and profitability in a high pace, technical field.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience in financial modeling with a focus on understanding the business behind the numbers.
- Willingness to work extended hours as needed, with 20-30% travel within the region.
- Proven record of working successfully with ambiguous information and limited direction.
We accomplish our mission with a team of experts working collaboratively on meaningful, impactful projects for our clients. Our team environment fosters intellectual curiosity, motivates employees, and cultivates talented people who work with purpose, mastery and autonomy. We strive to listen to our clients, partner with them as a team, and accept their goals as our own.
Successful candidates will be required to submit to criminal background check and may be subject to a drug screen.
Tilson is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer.