Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 122 programs and over 3,510 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
The Regional Director manages facilities within the assigned geographical region and/or product line, ensuring achievement of clinical program objectives, quality care, mutually supportive County and State relationships, and budgetary expectations.
To be a success:
ASK ABOUT OUR SIGN ON/RELOCATION BONUS!
? All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
? Knowledge and experience in a psychiatric treatment milieu preferred
? Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
? Responsible for the administrative functioning of facilities in the assigned geographical region and/or product type
? Makes use of management practices that include empowerment of staff, the provision of clear and concise expectations regarding duties assigned employees, frequent feedback focusing on both positive and problematic aspects of work performance and other management practices that are consistent with Continuous Quality Improvement
? Supervises facility Administrators, including:
• Establishing operational objectives with all Administrators and SVP-Ops
• Developing communication linkages between the Administrators and the SVP-Ops
• Monitoring the performance of Administrators and facility department heads and reviewing these assessments with the SVP-Ops on a quarterly basis
• Continuously monitoring the financial performance of each Administrator and reporting the findings to the SVP-Ops
? Collaborates with other administrative staff in strategic planning activities with the goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the company
? Ensures that personnel objectives are met, including:
• Monitoring, on a monthly basis, personnel standards for attendance, turnover, recruitment and Workers’ Compensation claims at all facilities
• Monitoring personnel office functions at all facilities, identifying problems and recommending corrective action
Regional Director of Operations 4.1.2017 Page 2
• Ensuring that all facilities are in compliance with federal and state labor laws including affirmative action, EEOC, OSHA and others as applicable
? Develops and maintains a collaborative relationship with State and County officials, including:
• Regularly contacting county officials for the purpose of gathering feedback on program performance and maintaining an excellent community reputation
• Providing county officials with information needed (research and other data) to support effective Telecare performance
• Informing all Telecare managers of legislative changes affecting operations
? Maintains a continuous analysis of market conditions, state and county policy directives, political changes and shifts in patient needs to respond to changes in a timely fashion
? Submits a semi-annual written plan to the SVP-Ops containing objectives and schedules related to patient care, finance, county/payer relations and personnel
? Travels to Telecare facilities and the corporate office frequently
? Manages county contracts, including:
• Ensuring that all facilities are in compliance with state and county licensing and monitoring requirements on an ongoing basis
• Monthly program monitoring resulting in problem identification and corrective action plans for review by executive management staff (as needed)
? In collaboration with facility management staff, manages the clinical programs, including:
• Developing and monitoring each facility’s clinical program on a monthly basis, identifying problems and recommending corrective action
• Ensuring that a safe, clean and therapeutic environment is maintained at all facilities
• Recommending program staffing changes in response to changes in members served needs or market conditions
• Annually evaluating program needs and clinical objectives with facility administration and county officials
• Recommending topics for annual research reports to the Research and Evaluation department
? In collaboration with facility Administrators, assumes responsibility for fiscal objectives, including:
• Monitoring, on a monthly basis, facility expenditures, ensuring that expenses are within the budget and reporting significant variances
• Monthly monitoring of FTE reports to ensure that facility staffing is in line with the budget
• Reviewing with facility administration all financial requests that are beyond the limits of the facility budget and making recommendations regarding approval or disapproval to the Executive Committee
? Establishes and defines standards which ensure safe and therapeutically effective care
? Assesses the quality of care rendered by each facility and ensures sound practice
? Supports and facilitates the comprehensive Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement program, including frequent collaboration with facility staff, employee education and a focus on monitoring standards and actively removing barriers to the provision of high quality care
? Actively participates in meeting members served needs and adapting to changing customer needs at all times
? Represents the corporation professionally in community, state and national hospital associations to create a clear and positive understanding of the corporation’s programs
? Market program to current and new customers
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Bachelors or better.
Licenses & Certifications
Nurs Home Administrator