The Regional Director of Operations is responsible for, but not limited to, the operational management and oversight of Sound Physicians' hospitalist programs in the region. The Regional Director of Operations will have a visible presence at several program locations and will focus on establishing professional relationships with the entire hospitalist team, hospital and system C-suite executives, case management, nursing, medical staff office, as well as community providers and specialty physicians.
The successful executive in this role will lead Sound Physicians growth in the market, establish business development relationships, and execute new contractual agreements with clients in the post- acute and acute care setting. The Director of Operations will report to the Regional Vice President of Operations (RVP) with accountability to the Regional Medical Director (RMD) as well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Many or all of the following are done under the direction and in collaboration with the RVP. The RVP and RMD are expected to appropriately delegate responsibilities and tasks to the Director of Operations focusing on contractual and business issues, as well as performance management.
- Set and establish performance objectives for the hospitalist program(s). Performance objectives are to be established in cooperation with our hospital partners wherever appropriate, and in alignment with their goals.
- Support Regional Manager, Clinical Performance and Clinical Performance Nurses in their development and execution of clinical processes.
- Prepare for and conduct quarterly performance reviews in collaboration with the Regional Manager, Clinical Performance, Regional Operations Manager, Group Vice President, Chief Medical Officer, Chiefs and Clinical Performance Nurse to be presented during Quarterly Business Reviews and Quarterly Performance Reviews with hospital and system leadership.
- Meet regularly with each Chief Hospitalist and the Regional Manager, Clinical Performance to review site performance and identify opportunities and barriers.
- Identify areas where Sound can help our hospital partners improve their operations.
- Identify and problem solve day-to-day site operations including matters related to payroll, credentialing, human resources, recruiting , etc. with assistance of central office departments.
- Review site financial statements for accuracy and trends to explain financial performance.
- Identify and understand the impact of variances, and enact plans to address negative variances.
- Develop annual budgets and have responsibility for P&L performance for programs in system
- Work in the pursuit of new business in the region. Coordinate individual efforts for new business with Business Development, RVP, and RMD(s).
- Complete due diligence and site design for new hospital sites within region. Create or review proposals for new business and expansion of current business, including financial proformas.
- Understand the financial and operational impacts of program changes as well as pricing. This includes leading contract negotiations and new site implementations in conjunction with main office departments.
- Lead new site implementations in conjunction with main office departments.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, TRAINING OR SPECIAL LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB:
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentations and negotiations
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive situations and confidential information
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy, and good judgment
- Ability to collaborate across departmental lines, establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Self-starter, self-directed and driven to excellence in all aspects of role
- Able to make decisions effectively and with appropriate stakeholder input
- Humility and servant-leadership focus
- Creative and persistent problem solver
- Client service oriented (both internal and external)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
- Professional mannerisms, appearance, and executive presence
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of MS Project
- Knowledge of Process Improvement methodology; LEAN-Six Sigma for healthcare training is desirable
- Knowledge of relevant state and federal healthcare regulations
- Working knowledge of healthcare payment models, physician practice management, revenue cycle, payer contracting, managed care models, and Accountable Care Organization structure
- Knowledge of Hospital Medicine landscape and market forces driving the hospitalist model of care
- Understanding of hospitalist physician recruiting, marketing and compensation issues
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in business administration, healthcare administration or similar field
Preferred: MBA, MHA, LEAN-Six Sigma certification