The Regional Director Facilities Systems & Support serves as the head of SSC support team that provides technical assistance for the operations team in the field throughout the nation. The Regional Director FSS responsibilities include: development of Best Practices systems, training and sales support for POM, Custodial and Grounds. Deploy subject matter experts in all services to support surveys, startup of new units, interim managers, sales costing, proposal and presentations. Maintain compliance of CMMS companywide including deployment at new client locations. To include condition assessment /QA systems, deferred maintenance, and best practices for all services. Incumbent is guided by thorough knowledge of business practices, technical proficiency in total facilities management. Personnel motivation, team building, leadership, Human Resource management, Company Services program, and applicable laws and government regulations. Reports to the Vice President of Facilities Systems & Support.
Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering required
Professional Engineering License (active or renewable within 180 days)
General Contractor License (or obtain with 180 days)
Seven years responsibility at a regional manager level or fifteen years as a director level in total facilities management (multiple service) and contract management experience in Business, Industry, higher education, and/or health care institution preferred, with related continuous education courses. The ability to read, comprehend, and transmit complicated detailed instructions in writing and orally.
Programs in Facilities Services Management, Compliance, Support Management, Human Resource, Sales, Contract Preparation and Customer Satisfaction.
A. Plans, organizes, and controls functions and activities of program implementation of operations and support of national accounts.
- Meets with Division President’s to report monthly progress of support team by region and by account.
- Participates in surveys / sales and presentations of new business and pricing same. Has an awareness of competition and market conditions and looks for opportunities for the growth of the company.
- Prepares initial contract language and Statement of Work for proposed contracts as needed and review same with DP, legal and sales before presentation to client.
- Provides training for new sales managers in survey process, company systems / best practices to provide to clients and costing methods.
- Responsible for the selection of subject matter experts in Plant Operations & Maintenance, custodial and grounds management and training / continues personal development in facilities practices and methods.
- Continuous research and development of manuals and best practices in all services to include software solutions and current and future industry practices.
- Liaison with all corporate foundations training accounts in all services to ensure latest systems are in place and available for training of new managers.
- Establishes and maintains customer satisfaction at a level that ensures account retention. Conducts survey monkey QA on the field performance of subject matter experts. Provide reports per account and role ups to RDO. DP on performance of services at units. Provide assistance to RDO’s on unit audits of program and systems as requested. Note our clients are the unit manager, RDO and DP we serve in most cases.
- Strategic thinker has the ability to realistically project how things will turnout. Can articulate a vision, good at “what ifs” and “if then.” Ability to predict what the needs of FM services will be in the future.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, federal regulations. Improves skills in facilities management through personnel development and continuous education.
B. Performs a variety of management functions in support of the on-site team. Such duties are as follows, but not limited to:
- Assigns work to staff, schedules and approves vacations and holidays. Provides relief for unit managers as needed.
- Orients new employees and provides on-the-job training to assigned personnel.
- Resolves complaints and disciplines employees as required.
- Interviews independent contractors to receive and analyze bids, submit bids and recommendations to client for consideration. Negotiates with outside vendors for preferred agreements.
- Serves as liaison with contractors, architects, engineers, and material and equipment suppliers.