About the Regional Director of Sales role
It is an exciting time to be at PlanSource. We are expanding rapidly, but are still small enough for you to make a big impact. As a Regional Director of Sales, you will be responsible for leading and building your regional sales team, meeting an annual quota, creating new opportunities and expanding PlanSource’s market share in a fast-growing industry. You will be well-supported, and our leveraged-sales model gives you access to a strong network of partners so you can hit the ground running.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading and building your regional sales team including hiring, coaching, training, and mentoring your team members.
- Align the regional sales organization’s objectives with PlanSource’s sales strategy through active participation in sales planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting.
- Establish and govern the performance of the regional sales organization. This includes establishing sales organizational principles for managing performance, establishing and prioritizing critical performance measures for all sales jobs and ensuring all key sales team members are held accountable for assigned results. This includes assisting and helping close new or additional business for the team.
- Create and support an effective regional sales organization design, including sales job roles, sales channel design, and sales resource deployment.
- Develop insurance broker and other channel relationships to sell PlanSource’s products & services.
- Actively hunt for new business, qualify and prioritize sales prospects, develop a pipeline and execute to sales strategy.
- Become a SME with PlanSource’s products & services.
- Assist brokers and channel partners with selling PlanSource products & services.
- Achieve senior level individual sales targets as defined by the EVP.
- Make sales presentations, issue proposals and other related sales activity necessary to complete the sales process.
- Document sales activity and prospect pipeline in accordance with PlanSource’s policies and procedures.
- Upon close of new business, secure client contracts and facilitate the transition to PlanSource implementation and operational teams.
- Lead learning and development initiatives impacting the sales organization and provide stewardship of sales and sales management talent.
- Other duties that may be deemed necessary by Management.
You have a proven track record of developing and closing new business, meeting and exceeding sales quotas, building and maintaining a strong network, and strong personal impact and presentation skills. You will have successfully led a team to meet and exceed expectations. Our sales cycles are fairly short (1-4 months), so you will need to keep several balls in the air at once. You have experience selling complex technology and are comfortable negotiating and presenting to people at all levels in an organization.
Your qualifications/abilities include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales & Marketing, Business or Business Administration.
- 15+ years of relevant sales and marketing experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Software Sales (SaaS)/HR technology sales.
- Experience in benefits administration industry strongly preferred.
- Sales leadership experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and close new business.
- Consistent track record in meeting and exceeding sales quotas.
- Self-motivated and able to operate independently.
- Proven ability to develop and motivate a team.
- Motivated by incentive-based compensation.
- Possesses strong personal impact and presentation skills.
- Persuasive speaking skills and persistent with follow up.
- Strong financial acumen related to product pricing, customer profitability and achieving sales goals.
What We Offer
- Great compensation package, including a full suite of benefits.
- The chance to work for a fast-growing, established tech company, and work side-by-side with a dynamic team of talented professionals.
- Fast-paced environment with big goals and the opportunity make a big