Job Description Summary
The Regional Director of Operations (RDO) isresponsible for deliveringportfolio results that contribute to the mission and overall success of the company. This is achieved through performance objectives focused on business profits, guest andassociate satisfaction, and product and service quality. The RDO represents the company in helping develop and implementstrategic initiatives, and being a stakeholder for creating processes for compliance of policies and procedures at the hotel level. The RDOpartners with the variousShared Services providers to communicate, execute, and reinforce the daily operational activities that must occur at each hotel to meet guest and owner expectations. The RDO plays an important role in setting, and reinforcing the company and brand culture with regard to marketing and positioning activities. In all areas it is the responsibility of the RDO to ensure consistency with the execution of brand programs throughout the region. As part of our Extended Stay Brand’s leadership team, the RDO must be committed to growing and inspiring a team of General Managers, helping them succeed and holding them accountable for achievingfinancialmetrics, employee satisfaction and guest service standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions with guests and clients. Manage according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T. standards and instill a passion for customer service in all associates in the region.
- Oversee all budget activities for each hotel in the assigned region. Monitor all financial activity to ensure revenue, expense and profit goals are met. Responsibilities include monitoring accounts receivable balances, labor standards, and controllable expenses at all hotels in the region.
- Manage all capital budgets and project implementations on behalf of ownership.
- Collaborate with the Global Sales Office, Regional Sales Directors, Regional Revenue Managers and Regional Marketing Manager to create and monitor strategies to maximize revenue. Through this partnership be knowledgeable about the supply and demand dynamic of each individual hotel marketplace in order to set and monitor seasonal strategies to drive market share. This includes, but is not limited to the creation of “Everyday Surprises”, the implementation and management of the company’s guest recognition program (Travel Pass), and the proper use of all logo and graphics standards.
- Create processes and procedures to ensure the hotels are properly supplied with all guest amenities, all food and beverage outlets are meeting guest expectations, and the hotels are properly maintained, clean and meeting safety standards.
- In partnership with accounting monitor all related company rules and policies. Ensure the proper process is in place to manage and report the inflow of money in and out of each hotel. Work with the Finance Department on the identification of variances and the communication to ownership on each hotel’s financial condition.
- In partnership with the Manager, National Engineering and Facilities Operations and in accordance with company rules and policies, ensure the proper process is in place to manage and report on the condition of the physical building(s) and grounds.
- In partnership with the hotel’s assigned Human Resources representatives and in accordance with company rules and policies, ensure the proper process is in place to manage and report on the human resources and benefits programs within each hotel. This includes the recruiting, onboarding, training, ongoing performance management, and off boarding of associates in the region. Responsible to develop and train individuals and create succession plans for individuals targeted for future growth within the company.
- In partnership with the assigned Information Technology representatives and in accordance with company rules and policies, ensure the proper process is in place to manage and report on the proper use and location of all information technology hardware and software provided in the region.
- In partnership with the assigned Procurement representatives and in accordance with company rules and policies, ensure the proper process is in place to manage and report on the purchasing of supplies. This includes the proper use of any platforms and/or programs to leverage purchasing power and the analysis of region spending to identify cost management and other opportunities.
- Responsible for finding and/or fill temporary hotel management coverage in the case of long term absence of a General Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Previous experience as a General Manager, in extended stay hotels preferred.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; other languages beneficial.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel60% -80% of scheduled time.
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financialsecurity of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events