Regional Director of Operations
Regional Director of Operations
Do you want a challenging and engaging leadership career in healthcare where you are empowered to implement Heartland Dental's vision? Can you nurture an outstanding team to deliver optimum patient care while driving shareholder value? How would you like to raise the bar by building market-leading dental offices that patients will love and where supported dentists and their teams will thrive? Are you ready to lead your region in a fast-growth billion-dollar organization? Then join our elite ranks of Regional Directors of Operations, and take your career to the next level at Heartland Dental.
You could be the next Regional Director of Operations, a hands-on leader in a region of 25+ supported dental offices comprising more than $25MM in revenue. You will build positive and productive partnership with supported dentists, lead regional operations management and collaborate with Home Office leaders to evaluate and execute the custom business plan for your region, passionate about key success metrics integral to the success of Heartland Dental. We bring the training, strategy and support - you bring the enthusiasm, leadership and know-how. If you want room to lead, learn and grow, this opportunity is for you.
Heartland Dental proudly supports 800+ doctor-led dental offices and more than 10,000 team members across the country. We are hard-working, fun-loving and fast-growing ? looking for our next perfect fit!
To give you an idea of the team structure, you will supervise and work collaboratively with 4-6 Regional Managers of Operations and the regional support team, reporting to the Vice President of Operations.
Below is an overview of the duties and responsibilities you would take on in this role:
- Fully embody, embrace and lead with Heartland Dentals' mission, vision and core values ? these are not words, they are our foundation
- Direct and lead the administrative operations of 25+ supported dental offices, comprising more than $25MM in revenue
- Directly supportdentists in their growth and development, helping them set goals and address operational opportunities within their supported office
- Drive the key segments of growth within the region; analyzing business reporting and creating recommendation/action plans to attain of yearly budgetary and contribution objectives, prioritizing supported practice performance issues to ensure issues impacting Same Office Growth (SOG), revenue and profitability (EBITDA) are addressed first
- Monitor the regional P&Ls and develop effective ways to close the gaps between actual performance and company projections
- Develop workforce planning, recruiting and retention strategy to maintain optimum performance of the region
- Partner directly with and develop the Regional Managers of Operations, who are responsible for maintaining daily business operations and building strategic relationships with supported dentists
- Attract, select, and invest in the best talent, using objective talent insights to build a team who will build the region; facilitating career development and talent management
- Foster a culture based on patient service, where we do the right thing for the right reasons
- Participate in routine business reviews, including quarterly business reviews with executive leadership
- Maintain best-in-class education and training program, ensuring supported doctors, team members and operations leaders receive the right training at the right time
- Build consistency and alignment through coordinating resources from our Home Office and regional field support (examples: Marketing, IT, Accounts Receivables, Credentialing and Patient Services)
- Completion of one of the following: 7 years of managerial experience OR bachelor degree and no less than 2 years of managerial experience OR MBA with 2 years meaningful industry experience
- Proven business insights and decision-making skills; P&L experience essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfort with articulately expertly present to various audiences
- Strong social skills, with the ability to connect from entry-level team members and supported dentists, alike
- Maintain strong organizational skills and respond in a timely manner to a large amount of communication
- Leadership skills
- Ability to collaborate with key stake holders
- Frequent overnight travel, often on short notice
- Healthcare experience, preferably in the dental space
- Experience leading multiple business units and profit centers
We put our people first at Heartland Dental, and that shows in our generous benefits package.
Company retains the sole discretion to change the duties of the position at any time. 10/19/17
We provide all employees and applicants for employment the protections of federal, state, and local laws affording equal opportunity in employment.