Auto Req ID:
Regional Director of Operations At Five Star Senior Living - WisconsinPrint
Five Star Senior Living is seeking a Regional Director of Operations to oversee Communities within the state of Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois.
Five Star Senior Living seeks individuals who believe in our core values of putting people first, minding the business, working to be our best, acting with integrity, and listening - then acting decisively. Each and every role within Five Star is important to the success of our business goal to enhance the lifestyle of seniors.
We are seeking a Regional Director of Operations for our Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois communities. If you possess these core values, we would like to hear from you!
The Regional Director of Operations is responsible for overseeing the operation of assigned facilities / communities. It is the responsibility of this position to assure services that provide the highest practical functioning of its residents, the families it serves and the needs of the employees and the facility / community in which it operates. The Regional Director of Operations is responsible for the overall operation of the assigned facilities / communities including service provision, financial, human resources, licensure compliance and census development, while ensuring the assigned facilities / communities comply with corporate policies and federal/state regulations.
- Establishes a community financial management system through: (a) P&L reviews in collaboration withthe Corporate Accounting Manager; (b) accounts receivable reviews in discussion with the Regional Financial Manager and (c) compliance reviews to assure all business office policies and procedures are accurately maintained.
- Regularly reviews marketing plans with Administrator / Executive Director and regional marketing staff to assure that services meet the needs of the local community and financial and census targets are achieved as budgeted.
- Ensures each community maintains substantial compliance with all local, state and federal regulations to assure licensure, relevant certifications, OSHA, Life Safety, ADA requirements, as applicable toattain the highest external recognition for care and services rendered in the community.
- Reviews and approves each community's annual operating budget and capital expenditure plan as required by corporate policy and obtains governing body approval.
- Recruit, hire, and training of Executive Directors and serving as an ongoing resource for these key team members.
- Responsible to assure a Five Star – approved performance improvement program is implemented and maintained in each community.
- Responsible for the professional growth and improved management skills of Executive Directors and community managers through mentoring and training. Sets a good example and foster team spirit between community and corporate staff.
- Develops and reviews monthly / quarterly plans for each community to make sure progress is being made on initiatives not in compliance with company policies and procedures or the community's business plan.
- Acts as temporary/interim Administrator / Executive Director as needed, for vacancies that may occur in region.
- Visits community to ensure community staff, budget, marketing plan, action plans and clinical issues are reviewed and are within company guidelines.
- Sets up and maintains an organized and effective communication process between and among communities and between region, communities and corporate, to allow for an open exchange of issues, problem solving, peer discussions as well as general information exchange.
- Responsible for all facets of the community’s operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, health-related field or hospitality; master's degree preferred.
- Demonstrated 5-10 years of healthcare management experience, including at least 5 years of recent ED and/or Administrator job experience.
- Prior experience in a regional role and/or with multiple building responsibilities preferred.
- Experience in managing various disciplines while ensuring adherence to federal, state and corporate standards is required.
- Experience in Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and service delivery a plus.
- Must hold or qualify for state license required to operate an Assisted Living Community; Nursing Homeor comparable service facility.
- Active, valid driver's license required for extensive travel.