Regional Director of Operations
This position is responsible for the oversight of SLC Communities operations and corporate compliance under limited direction of the COO, for a specific regional area. Incumbent in the position stimulates strategic planning in order for each community to meet or exceed budgeted census and revenue goals; promotes company- and community-wide teamwork; works with other regional operators and the COO to develop and disseminate tactical objectives, measurements, training initiatives, reporting tools, etc. The goal of this position is to assist community staff to achieve and maintain census and revenue goals.
- For each community in the region, assures:
- Attainment of budgeted financial performance.
- Attainment of census goals.
- Sound operational performance.
- Adherence to all SLC policies and procedures.
- Rates continue to increase as market area permits.
- Excellent resident care and services rendered by well-trained staff.
- Hires and trains Executive Directors and Property Management and supervises their activities.
- Assists in the preparation of annual budgets and business plans for each property.
- Responsible ensuring the licensing and compliance with regulations.
- Monitors all reports from Executive Directors and Property Management and prepares all reports for the COO.
- Travel among multiple SLC communities is required.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees and outside contacts.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent information.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Interacts professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization, residents, family members, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Conduct quarterly site visits at all communities.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward all residents, families, visitors, and coworkers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.