The Regional Director of Nursing Services (RDNS) helps create a joyful and vibrant community by providing clinical leadership and support across all Fieldstone Communities. This occurs through the implementation and standardization of clinical services, ensuring quality assurance, safety, and continuing education. The RDNS consistently demonstrates Vision, Mission, and Values of the organization.
This position requires extensive travel (at least 50%) throughout the northwest, and availability via phone, including evenings and weekends.
- Helps to establish, mentor and model, the organizations belief that it is our privilege and responsibility to provide our residents with the best care and outcomes we possibly can, through respect, kindness, and thoroughness. We further believe that it is every team members duty/privilege to assist in helping each and every resident to have a joyful and fulfilling life, through our respectful, loving, and family atmosphere approach.
- Serves as a clinical leader to communities relating to clinical policy, procedure, and program development.
- Works and collaborates closely with the VPH of Health and Wellness and the entire corporate team on implementation of clinical strategies standards. Oversees quality and safety standards for the organization.
- Approaches communities as a servant leader and helps set the tone for a joyful & vibrant environment; engages nursing staff, looks for ways to have fun and get to know team members, helping to balance daily challenges in order to create an environment of consistent, safe, quality care.
- In partnership with the VPHS, develops/coordinates clinical plans related to initial and ongoing competencies and education to address population-specific nursing care.
- Ensures quality resident care programs in accordance with all local, state, and federal guidelines and that support organizational mission, values, and goals.
- Possesses strong nursing and interpersonal skills with ability to implement policies and best practices at community level with clear expectations.
- Provides support during state surveys and community incident investigations.
- Builds and nurtures relationships with DSHS, APS, Ombudsmen, and other applicable agencies.
- Provides clear, calm, consistent and strong leadership through all situations including ones of high stress and pressure.