This is a Regional position supporting North Carolina and South Caroline. The ideal candidate will be based out of Charlotte, NC or Columbia, SC. Being centrally located to either Charlotte or Columbia will reduce travel expenses, since these areas are more central to the Regions this candidate will be supporting.
At this time, we are seeking a Regional Director of HR to join our team!
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing the HR programs in the Region, to align with the overall corporate HR initiatives.
- Consult with the RDO and location managers concerning the staffing of facilities, eliminating/correcting problem areas and improvement of services.
- Ensure that the facilities in the region are in compliance with current applicable federal and state employment regulations regarding wages, overtime calculations, work hours, workers/unemployment compensation, etc.
- Ensure hiring/discharging procedures are in compliance with established company policies and procedures.
- Orient new leadership personnel to HR function and explain HR policies, procedures, benefits, employee relations, etc., as established in our operational policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent HR information in accordance with, HIPAA and other Federal and State privacy laws, as well as our established HR and Company policies governing confidential information.
- Represent the Region/Division at and participate in top level meetings as directed.
- Keep leadership staff informed of changes in HR matters.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the VP of HR and/or RDO concerning personnel needs, problem areas, etc., as deemed necessary or appropriate.
- 50-75% travel required
- PHR or SPHR certification desired
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) years experience in Human Resources with five (5) years of HR management with a large employee population, preferably with a multi-location employer. Requires solid knowledge of current employment laws, regulations and guidelines concerning HR in a health care environment. Effective time management skills and ability to balance competing priorities.
- Excellent conflict management skills and the demonstrated ability to problem solve and effectively diffuse highly-charged situations.
- College Degree in Human Resources (HR) or a related field.
- Experience in senior living or healthcare preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Dedication to the well-being of employees and a commitment to ensuring that everyone in the workplace is treated with dignity and respect at all times.
Five Star Senior Living, a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating divisions: Five Star Senior Living and Five Star Rehabilitation Services. The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 260 senior living communities across the United States and is one of the country's largest providers of quality retirement living in the nation offering Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. Five Star Rehabilitation Services include outpatient rehabilitation, day programs, and respite/short stay options.