UHS is currently recruiting for our Regional Director of Finance at Independence Physician Management (IPM). IPM is a subsidiary of UHS, formed in 2012 as the physician services unit of UHS. IPM develops and manages multi-specialty physician networks and urgent care clinics which align with UHS acute care facilities. It also provides select services for the Behavioral Health division of UHS. Through continuing growth, IPM operates in 11 markets across six states and the District of Columbia. Our leadership team, practitioners, and teams of healthcare professionals are collectively dedicated to improving the health and wellness of people in the communities we serve
In this role, the Regional Director of Finance is responsible for the financial performance of the IPM Division, overseeing Financial Reporting and Analysis, Budgeting, Supply Chain Management, Revenue Cycle Management, Administration of Division Policies, Internal Controls and Audit. This role manages the Accounting, Finance and Revenue Cycle Management departments of our IPM division.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Maximizes profitability for the Physician Practices through strategic analysis, P&L reporting, variance reporting, key financial metric trending and monthly financial and operational reviews.
- Generates pro-forma financial models and conducts thorough financial due diligence for acquisitions and investments.
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State, and Local statutes as it relates to Physicians and Advanced Providers.
- Develop employees through appropriate management practices, creates a climate to motivate employees to highest performance. Establish direction, coaches employees, provides feedback, and builds commitment.
This opportunity offers the following:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent medical, dental vision and prescription plan
- Generous paid time off
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- 401(k) retirement plan with a company match
- Relocation benefits
- To be considered for this role, you must possess a working knowledge of GAAP, Medicare and Medicaid regulations, and federal and local tax regulations; knowledge of all business office and other administrative office operations including all processes from registration (pre-registration) through discharge and terminal resolution of the patient bill; knowledge of managed care and other payer processes and agreements, including specific terms for negotiation are required; knowledge of all accounting processes including accounts payable, payroll and general accounting and effective ability to prepare financial statements and operating reports that accurately and timely reflect the entity’s performance.
- You must possess a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other closely-related field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant progressive financial experience, preferably with a healthcare organization. A Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other closely-related field and strong understanding of the financial management, business and clinical operations of physician practices is preferred.
Must also possess Advanced knowledge of and superior skills in:
- Fiscal management techniques, revenue cycle management and third party reimbursement
- Health care administration systems
- Governmental regulations and compliance requirements
- Computer systems and applications
- Planning, organizing and supervising
- Exercising initiative, judgment, problem-solving, decision-making
- Analyzing and interpreting complex data and preparation of comprehensive reports
- Communicating effectively in writing and verbally with senior executives
- Human resources management, organization and team building
- Strong integrity, work ethic, respectful demeanor and inclusive collaborative approach.