Regional Director of Network Operations
Delta Search Consulting a National Executive and Professional Placement firm is currently seeking a Regional Director of Network Operations to join our corporate clients team in Atlanta. Our corporate client is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States and they own and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, they design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.
The Regional Director of Network Operations will report to the VP of Network Operations to align national standards, scopes, and MOP for network commissioning and operations. Responsibilities include managing the regional operations team to provide post-installation support for small cell and DAS networks. In this role, you will support and align key SLAs and KPIs to meet and exceed client expectations. Position is based in-region and will require some travel.
Candidate must have field network operations experience. This is not a pure project management or engineering role. Ideal candidate has managed a field operations team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads region team to work withengineering group to create and/or verify point database; creates/reviews job specific programming via computer for control systems; creates /reviews and uploads point database, creates graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- Oversees Network Operations Regional team members who: verify point database and programming operations are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and resolves inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed; drives issues to resolution. Sets up and configures PC workstations, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirm proper network performance
- Oversees Region Project Site Communication and Coordination through team members: Schedules with tradecontractors to coordinate startup services as needed; coordinates network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems
- Oversees Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance through team members: Runs reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings
- Bachelor's degreerequired; Master's degreepreferred
- Five to seven or more (5-7+) years of experience with high volume wireless or wireline operations
- Five to seven or more (5-7+) years of progressive management experience in network operations
- Must have managed a field network operations team
- Experienceworking with deployment teams to support a build schedule. Current experience overseeing operational testing, verification and acceptance for small cell on air completion
- Have developed, owned and managed a P&L
- Experience in wireless, telecommunications, construction, and/ or public utility is required
- Demonstrated history of identifying and resolving a wide range of network issues in imaginative and practical ways, as well as exercising good judgment in selecting methods and techniques to obtain solutions
- Experience with latest technologies such as small cells, carrier aggregation and spectrum sharing, and associated vendor offerings
- Experience in understanding how interactions between LTE and pre-existing 3G network elements affect the performance of DAS networks
- This position does not offer relocation options
- Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the US.