Acts as the clinical resource of Brookdale Hospice Product Line senior leadership team. Sets clinical standards to provide the highest quality of hospice care. Creates policies, procedures and protocols meeting and exceeding Medicare conditions of participation, state regulations and CHAP standards. Responsible for the oversight of the day-to-day management of the Brookdale Clinical Services Hospice Product line.
A career with Brookdale Healthcare Services has never been so rewarding! We own and operate multiple hospice agencies around the country, with a full spectrum of care designed to respect the dignity of the people we care for. We focus on skilled and compassionate care while providing comfort and freedom from pain, and as much independence and control as possible.
It's more than a job: it's a passion.
* Plans, implements and directs nurses/clinical services to assure quality care and appropriate quantity of services.
* Interprets policies and regulations to all hospice personnel and ensures compliance.
* Analyzes and evaluates hospice and related services rendered to improve quality of care and to better utilize associate time and abilities.
* Provides additional training and support for Clinical Managers, Clinical Service Directors, and Hospice Directors. Acts as a resource and serves as support, as needed.
* Participates in strategic planning with the Senior Director of Hospice Operations and the DDO's when scheduled.
* Holds a monthly conference call with all Brookdale Hospice DCSs to update them with any changes in clinical operations, updates in regulations, changes in HCHM and other agenda items.
* Conducts on-site visits to ensure consistency of hospice care. Works with the survey readiness team to assure follow through with plans of correction.
* Maintains current knowledge of regulatory changes and disseminates this information to the Senior Director of Hospice Operations and District Directors of Operations.
Required skills and qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Health Care Administration or related field required; Master's Degree preferred
* MUST be an RN and have a minimum of 5 years experience within a licensed and certified (Medicare) hospice agency in a leadership position
* Valid RN license within practice state required
* Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse preferred
* Will be required to travel to AZ, CA, and CO