Regional Director of Cage
Less than 5 years experience • Arts & Entertainment
Reporting directly to the VP of Finance, this position directs the cashiering and count room areas in a manner that safeguards the assets of the company. Serves as a dynamic and energetic leader, while fostering teamwork, employee morale, motivation and open communication. Establishes self as highly credible leader with highest levels of integrity and always acts in the best interests of the property and the company. Acts as a role model and coach while developing employees using a consistent, approachable demeanor and clearly articulating expectations. Ensures that team members clearly understand and are held accountable for their performance expectations. Provides appropriate recognition and rewards to individuals and groups when consistent superior performance is attained. Works as a change agent and challenges the departmental processes to improve and streamline department operations, through the continuous assessment of policies and procedures, work processes and program effectiveness and value. Demonstrates excellent facilitator skills in determining a vision, aligns and inspires the team to achieve the vision. Partners and coordinates with other departments to ensure total guest satisfaction and efficient operations in a safe, friendly, comfortable environment, by well-trained, motivated employees. Recommends and implements change to improve overall employee and guest satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions including the following but other duties may be assigned:
- Provides administrative assistance and direction in the overall operation of assigned departments to ensure the most efficient and profitable operation and maintenance of high standards of quality and service.
- Manages and directs the day-to-day operations of areas of responsibility through assigned department heads and supervisors.
- Counseling, guiding and instructing employees in the proper performance of their duties.
- Plans, develops, and implements revised procedures to improve the efficiency and profitability of assigned areas.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Acts as a role model and always present oneself as a credit to Horseshoe Bossier/Harrah’s Louisiana Downs and encourage others to do the same.
- Responsible for cashiering operations including safeguarding assets
- Management of cashiering variance policy and subsequent disciplinary measures
- Provides labor analysis and ensures efficient utilization based upon business needs
- Creates and executes plans and strategies to achieve Total Service goals
- Plans and implements methods to improve employee satisfaction and morale
- Fully integrates customer satisfaction strategy through anticipation of customer needs and service offerings.
- Provides analysis on strategic initiatives such as turnover, Total Service, financial and operational goals.
- Participation in creation and management of department budget.
- Ensures training and compliance of regulatory standards.
- Responsible for team member development into leadership positions and the integration of departmental training efforts.
- Demonstrates strong leadership, analytical and decision making competencies.
- Responsible for project management as assigned to include strategic financial and company initiatives.
- Oversees and/or personally gather all information that is necessary to establish, update and perform periodic review of casino check cashing accounts for our gaming guests.
- This position will deal with the Collections Department, Cashier Department and Regulatory Compliance Department extensively as well as have daily contact with Casino Hosts, Diamond Services and Total Rewards personnel.
- The term “management” includes duties such as interviewing, training, selecting and adjusting rates of pay and hours of work.
- Directs the work of employees and maintains production.
- Appraises employees’ productivity and efficiency for purposes of recommending promotions or other changes.
- College degree in Business preferred
- Previous Cage Management experience/or equivalent required
- Minimum of 3 years progressively more responsible experience in Finance and Administration areas of the hotel/casino industry is required.
- General business and accounting knowledge with broad knowledge of casino, slot and table games, rules, regulations, procedures and administration is preferred.
- Strong organizational, managerial and communication skills are required.
- Proven supervisory skills, primarily in the management of a large staff are a must.
- Ability to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.