$150K — $200K *
Keiser University is a regionally accredited, private, career university that provides educational programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels for a diverse student body. The main campus is located in Fort Lauderdale with campuses located throughout the State of Florida and internationally. Through quality teaching, the University is committed to provide all students with opportunities to develop the knowledge, understanding, and skills necessary for successful employment. Committed to a students’ first philosophy, Keiser University prepares graduates for careers in business, criminal justice, health care, technology, hospitality, education and career-focused general studies.
Inherent in our Mission is service to the community. This service includes community partnerships, involvement with various constituencies and various continuing education programs.
The Regional Director of Bursar Operations oversees and handles the payment of tuition balance and compliance with University, state and federal policies and regulations. Most students do not receive full funding coverage from government loans, grants, and scholarships, therefore must arrange to pay the balance. The Regional Director of Bursar Operations oversees that Bursars receive payment of this balance and ensures cash payment plans are arranged and payments are collected in a timely manner. The Regional Director of Bursar Operations will train, supervise, and monitor the work of the Bursars, Associate Bursars and Assistant Bursars.
The role of the Regional Director of Bursar Operations is to provide ongoing remote and on site support for training, compliance and policy adherence while assisting Bursars to manage and ensure student cash payments, working closely with student financial services to better assist students regarding their funding and account status. This role is to ensure compliance with University, state and federal regulations and standard accounting procedures through:
• Student payment plans and payment methods are arranged
• Monitor that Student payments are up-to-date and on campus collections, cash counseling and reconciliation processes are adhered to
• Communicate with campus Bursars regarding outstanding payments, revenue and cash accountability and reconciliation is performed on an ongoing basis.
• Supervising preparations of Withdrawal Calculations
• Supervise the process for Graduate Status Clearance
• Ensuring accuracy and refunding of Title IV Credit Balances and overall student credit balance handling.
• Ensuring Ledger card adjustments are accurate per tuition billing policies for all fees including programmatic, enrollment and registered credits.
• Working directly with management at the Office of The Chancellor through the Student Financial Operations and Accounting departments to develop, strategize and disseminate policy and procedural changes and updates.
Train, Supervise, and Monitor the campus Bursars, Associate Bursars and Assistant Bursars to:
• Work with the Student Financial Operations and Accounting departments.
• Maintain and update employee intranet portal.
• Perform regular audits and provide site visit reports for campus visits on a regular basis.
• Participate in the interview and recruitment process to make recommendations while working with Campus Presidents
• Work with Financial Aid and Bursars to ensure student payment plans are created and approved to settle any outstanding balance.
• Work with the Bursars to ensure appropriate counseling for students to arrange payments.
• Oversee Bursar activities to ensure student information is accurate and timely.
• Ensuring collection, tracking and reporting of payment plans.
• Oversee the payment plans for re-entering students
Oversee Tuition Billing:
• Review transaction registers to ensure the process of enrollment and application payment collection.
• Train on monthly billing statements.
• Run weekly balance reports to monitor credit and debit balances.
• Run past-due reports to check on outstanding payments and expected funds to track and complete requirements for funds disbursement.
• Ensure follow up and processing of out of school credit balances.
• Train on daily deposits for bank and daily bank reports are uploaded.
• Train on monitoring of repackaging students.
• Assess and train student status changes for returning students tuition billing, adjustments and documentation to ensure compliance and accurate revenue recognition.
• Monitor the posting of monthly tuition and educational fees for current and prior terms.
• Train on the overall A/R management of in-school and out of school past-due accounts and determine strategy for collecting past-due payments.
• Ensure Bursar staff at campuses are familiar and executing collection efforts both in house and referring cases to the collections agency when students are non-responsive or have defaulted on prior payment agreements.
• Determine and train on eligibility for refunds, student refunds, and tuition reimbursement
• Train on identification of Title IV credit balances vs. non-Title IV credit balances for appropriate handling.
• Track the arrangement of tuition reimbursements for financial aid refunds processed through Student Financial Operations to ensure payment arrangements are arranged for uncovered balances.
• Oversee Bursars, Associate Bursars and Assistant Bursars.
• Monitor activity and review performance
• Provide technical assistance as needed both on site and remotely.
• Attend regular scheduled meetings while on campus and at the Office of The Chancellor.
• Provide support to the Accounting Department and Student Financial Operations for special projects and business development activities.
Regional Director of Bursar Operations must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business degree and a minimum of 5 years billing/accounting and supervisory experience, and the willingness to work with students. A Masters in Finance, Business Administration or in a related field is preferred.
Below is an inclusive but not exhaustive list of various knowledge, skills, and other characteristics that are necessary for effective performance in the Director of Bursar Operations’ position.
• Must be familiar with a broad range of general accounting principles such as billing, reconciliations, and accounts receivable
• Must be an effective communicator in writing, in person and over the phone
• Must have basic negotiating abilities
• Ability to read, analyze, prepare and understand financial reports, procedural manuals and financial documents.
• Must be familiar with regulatory and compliance associated business practices and standards.
• Technical Skills – Must be proficient of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook; familiarity working with third party applications and databases.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information
• Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings; contributes to round table discussions.
• Time Management – The ability to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner. Organize data using a detailed and analytical approach, develop and follow an approach, and organize time efficiently. Assess, prioritize and reprioritize; notify appropriate person with an alternate plan when needed.
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions, and uses reason even when dealing with sensitive topics
• Initiative – The ability to independently evaluate a situation and initiate recommendation and/or solutions.
• Confidentiality – Maintains confidentiality at all times
• Team Orientation Skills – Must be comfortable working in a competitive team environment
• Goal setting – setting reasonable, yet high targets, and creating a plan for attaining those targets
Valid through: 12/8/2020