This role will be a critical leader within the region and system, responsible for ensuring accurate and timely reporting of financial information and all technical and complex accounting policies and guidelines as Controller for WI Region Care Delivery.
- Coordination with system finance and accounting teams to ensure the timely and accurate submission of financial data.
- Responsible for the leading the accounting and reporting integration for all business combinations within the region including oversight of month end close procedures.
- Lead Accounting Team across the region to ensure proper accounting treatment of complex accounting concepts.
- In conjunction with System teams and other regions, implementation and adoption of new accounting and reporting standards and system and regional financial policies.
- In conjunction with System team, responsible for the completion of annual external audit for all ministries in Wisconsin Care Delivery including ensuring appropriate compliance with other SSM Consolidated ministries.
- In conjunction with System team, responsible for all internal audit work for all ministries in Wisconsin Care Delivery.
- Responsible for consolidation, all-inclusive review, and analysis within the annual budget process. This includes all aspects of the process from establishing requirements and deadlines to consolidating and analyzing all financial reports to final presentation decks to be presented
- Partner with System and Regional Leadership as a technical resource for business combination, purchase accounting and accounting integration/de-integration processes.
Directs accounting activities and resources.
- Directs preparation of financial statements, reports and audits and reviews for accuracy.
- Monitors development of data and entries to general ledger, accounts payable and payroll.
- Coordinates preparation and submission of monthly and quarterly reporting. Ensures compliance with internal financial requirements as well as regulatory requirements.
- Develops, implements and maintains general accounting systems and controls ensuring best practice standards across the institution and in line with corporate guidance.
- Directs the activities of staff to support accounting needs.
- Responsible for management functions including activities related to staffing such as recruitment, hiring, performance evaluation, and compensation determination.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Fifteen years' experience, with seven years' in leadership
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.