The Regional Director, Health Services provides overall guidance and support to Health Services programs based on Facility Support Center Health Services goals, objectives and philosophy. Monitors each Health Service program for compliance with all applicable contracts, policies, procedures, laws, regulations and standards. Oversees continuous quality improvement activities. Collaborates with facility management in recruitment, employment and other personnel issues of all Health Service staff.
- Responsible for overseeing company-wide application and compliance of applicable policies and procedures, contracts, laws, regulations and standards. Acts as liaison between the customer, facility, and Health Services department.
- Communicates regularly with the Business Unit Operations leaders and facility management on the status of department operations and pre-determined goals. Monitors financial and clinical performance of the medical departments at CoreCivic facilities.
- Assists in the hiring process and continued employment for Health Services Administrators; guides their development and monitors the clinical performance of the medical departments they manage. Attracts, retains, trains and develops staff including succession planning.
- Oversees continuous quality improvement activities. Evaluates and recommends methods of improving operational efficiency and cost effectiveness of health-related services.
- Responsible for new health service start-up activities.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and resource for state healthcare programs, for consultation on healthcare policy, program, cost containment and contracting, to include facilities where CoreCivic does not provide healthcare services.
- May be requested to read, analyze, comprehend and interpret procedures, governmental regulations, legal and non-legal documents, including the processing of such documents as medical instructions, commitment orders, summons and other legal writs. Manages multiple complex contracts.
- Available on-call during non-business hours for emergency telephone consultation.
- Domestic U. S. travel may be required.
CoreCivic is a diversified government solutions company with the scale and experience needed to solve tough government challenges in cost-effective ways. We provide a broad range of solutions to government partners that serve the public good through high-quality corrections and detention management, innovative and cost-saving government real estate solutions, and a growing network of residential reentry centers to help address America’s recidivism crisis. We are a publicly traded real estate investment trust (REIT) and the nation’s largest owner of partnership correctional, detention and residential reentry facilities. We have been a flexible and dependable partner for government for more than 30 years.
Professionalism. Respect. Integrity. Duty. Excellence (PRIDE). These words describe the essence of our values as a company. PRIDE is personified everyday by every employee at every level at CoreCivic. It shapes the choices we make and is the roadmap to how we achieve our mission and realize our vision. CoreCivic is the leader in private correctional facilities and we are growing into the leader in the rehabilitation and re-entry market with facilities nationwide. Our facilities make a difference with the giving of both time and resources to organizations that are doing important work locally. CoreCivic is always recognized as a valued partner because of our unwavering commitment to community.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Nursing, or a related Healthcare field.
- If the degree is in Nursing, must possess a current Registered Nurse license.
- Five years of professional supervisory experience with three years in correctional nursing.
- Mastery of correctional health care practices, including ACA, NCCHC and JCAHO standards (when applicable), patient care protocols and practices, continuous quality improvement, productivity, staffing, and scheduling.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to travel required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Advanced degree in Healthcare related field.