- Direct all sales and growth initiatives for MetLife within his/her region, working closely with the sales team and their brokers and customers along with internal partners
- Recruit, develop and lead a results-oriented sales team, setting objectives for each individual and helping him/her to develop and execute on sales strategies to meet/exceed their goals
- Identify, prioritize and help manage key relationships with targeted clients and/or brokers to create measurable business results
- Oversee pipeline management within his/her sales team to deliver sales projections to senior leadership
- Support and oversee negotiations with product and underwriting partners to achieve sales growth while meeting persistency and margin expectations
- Collaborate with other Regional Directors and operations partners (including but not limited to product, service and underwriting) to coordinate and support all applicable product, marketing, client service, etc. initiatives
- Serve as an effective leader ensuring that goals are aligned with the rest of the organization, and ongoing training and development initiatives become a key focus for the sales team
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 10+ years of successful sales experience within the Group Insurance industry and deep understanding of the Midwest Market, including Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Nebraska
- Proven success generating top and bottom line growth
- Demonstrated success in developing sales people, fostering innovation and building a team.
- Proven ability to manage and adapt to change
- Strong background in sales management and or leadership within respected competitors in the insurance industry where he/she developed and executed a successful business strategy that led to new
- Must have a player-coach profile with demonstrated excellence in managing and leading a successful sales group
- An undergraduate degree is required.
- FINRA Series 6, 63 and 26 registrations along with appropriate state licenses including Life, Accident & Health along with Property & Casualty must be obtained (MetLife will support attainment of licenses)
- High standards of ethics, integrity and trustworthiness
- Articulate; excellent presentation and communication skills
- Results oriented with the ability to overachieve business objectives
- An effective team member; highly collaborative.
- Broad thinking business acumen, highly analytical, works well with data and information to draw appropriate conclusions
- Strong management and human relations skills in a style that exhibits maturity, leadership, sensitivity and teamwork
- The ability to work effectively in a large company environment.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Think Strategically – Set direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
- Create Partnerships – Authentically build trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Seize Opportunity – Seek new opportunities and ways to create balanced business growth while improving operational capabilities.
- Grow Talent - Inclusively and pro-actively develop talent, empower individuals and manages diverse teams to drive engagement and performance.
- Focus on Customers – Broker focused and Broker centricity, ensure focus on creating great customer and broker experiences.
- Drive Results - Set aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
- Reports to: Regional Vice President
- Direct reports/team: 10+ Account Executives
- Key Stakeholders: RM Sales Organization/Leadership, Finance, HR, Account Executives, Service, Underwriting, Customer Service Operations Leadership