The Regional Director is an experienced property management professional who provides hands-on leadership, management and direction to ensure customer partnerships are maintained and operated in accordance with Castle standards and established community objectives. The Regional Director works in partnership with the Board of Directors and/or the developer, the Property Manager and internal support staff to oversee and operate the community and assist in problem resolution.
Duties and responsibilities
- Serves as a liaison between Home Office, Property Managers and Board of Director by maintaining open communication and professional relationships.
- Responsible for the retention of the accounts they are assigned
- Proactively hires PM’s in advance of need
- Responsible for attaining and exceeding the budgeted contribution margin for each account
- Culture driver for business unit.
- Supervises hiring and management of direct employees.
- Completes performance evaluations of direct reports on an annual basis.
- Ensures personnel can meet the community’s goals and standards.
- Attends Annual, Budget, Board of Directors, and/or Special Meetings when needed.
- Actively support the business development function.
- Assists with transition of new accounts.
- Provides semi-annual written report to the Business Unit Leader on each site.
- Oversees budget for all associations in region.
- Develops and implement Castle Best Practices on-site.
- Implements training for Castle software.
- Enforces Castle policies and procedures.
- Assists in establishing operational procedures for activities such as fire prevention, firefighting, traffic control and parking control.
- Ensures that hurricane emergency procedures are in place at each site and staff has been trained in those procedures.
- Evaluates properties that are underperforming and implements strategies for improvement.
- Property Manager(s)
- May supervise other positions depending on Region, location and property type.
- Active Community Association Manager License or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills to help create effective customer-focused relationships with all levels within the organization.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with influence ability to gain buy in from colleagues, clients and management.
- Highly organized, people-oriented individual. Able to work under tight deadlines and use time effectively based on key priorities.
- Ability to present and communicate in front of large audiences.
- Coaching and training abilities and understanding of Accounting principles are desired.
- Intermediate to advanced command of computer hardware/software is required; specifically, proficient in the knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including but not limited to; Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- English is required. Multiple language fluency is desirable.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Required Education and Experience
- Associates degree required. Associates degree with concentration in Business, Real Estate and/or Hospitality preferred.
- 4+ years of Community Association Management and/ or business experience with increasing levels of leadership and management responsibility.
- Proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, Property Management systems such as Jenark.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Business, Real Estate and/or Hospitality.
- Demonstrated experience conducting presentations in conjunction with Business Development and Sales.
- Management of large teams and projects.
- Experience with accounting concepts, P&L and budget preparation.