Brookfield Properties is a fully-integrated, global real estate services company, providing industry-leading portfolio management capabilities across the real estate investment strategies of Brookfield Asset Management, a global alternative asset manager. Brookfield Properties develops and manages premier real estate with a focus on maximizing the tenant experience and investment performance. We are committed to integrating leading-edge real estate technologies which keep us at the forefront of innovation and sustainability – benefiting not only our tenants and business partners, but also the communities in which we operate.
We are searching for a talented Regional Director, Apartments to be based out of Washington, DC
The Regional Director, Apartments is responsible to execute on the strategy of their portfolio, the residential segment and the broader strategy of the organization. Manages this execution by providing leadership and direction to property managers, general managers, senior property managers, and (indirectly) operations managers and other property associates. Has control and full P&L responsibilities over thousands of apartment units in multiple markets and the corresponding multi-million dollars of income, expenses, capital expenditures and NOI. Position is responsible for maintaining the physical assets, resident satisfaction and the development/growth of associates.
- Performs all aspects of financial management including budgeting, financial modeling and analysis both quantitative and qualitative and is fully responsible to meet financial goals of the portfolio and organization.
- Demonstrates and provides leadership and management to property associates, creates a collaborative environment and develops associates for growth opportunities and ensures that smart goals and objectives are created for each associate.
- Prepares variance reports and performs property audits. Manages expenses and income to maximize NOI, improve operating margins and enhance property value.
- Studies along with the site and marketing teams the market conditions, demand and supply metrics and competitors and validates that data to properly access the appropriate placement of their portfolio in the market.
- Timely completion of capital or other improvements, within budgeted limits, and with the coordination and involvement of Engineering, IDS and Procurement.
- Participates in a wide ranging number of corporate led initiatives providing subject matter expertise and leadership. Collaborates with peers across the organization in developing organization wide processes.
- Visits each property at least monthly to examine, discuss, and resolve issues regarding curb appeal, marketing, maintenance, occupancy, accounting, associates, and/or other issues as necessary.
- Maintains a working knowledge of company policies, applicable local, state, and Federal laws and regulations, affordable housing programs, and other applicable policies and procedures. Ensures compliance of property associates.
- Provides leadership and ensures that the highest possible resident satisfaction levels are met. Creates plans and strategies for continuous improvement.
- This position requires an Undergraduate Degree in Property Management or related discipline.
- 8-10 years of progressively responsibleexperience in Property Management required.
- Preferred certification for this position include: CPM.
- Preferred professional/state licensing for this position include: Real Estate License (where applicable).
- Required skills for the position include: verbal and written communications, strong customer satisfaction and service orientation skills, financial reporting abilities, marketing and sales skills, ability to access various software programs including property management (One Site, Yardi etc), and Microsoft Office Suite, SAP.
- This position requires up to 50% travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information