Regional Digital Sales Executive
at Townsquare Media (View all jobs)
Des Moines/Cedar Rapids, IA
Regional Integrated Digital Sales Executive
Townsquare Media is seeking a seasoned Integrated Sales Executive that focuses on digital media solutions with a true "hunter" mentality to bring our full suite of cross - platform solutions to market.
We're looking for an expert with proven success at selling Advanced Audience Targeting and Extended Reach Digital solutions as well as knowledge of new/emerging digital advertising technologies and techniques. This front line seller will be responsible for building out new revenue channels at the regional level to both agencies and direct clients.
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, who works with a sense urgency and passion, and thrives in this early stage, market development phase. This new role will workclosely with Local sales teams and leadership teams. This is an ideal role for a solutions-based seller who is comfortable building new lists, prospecting and closing new business.
- Build out new revenue channels at Regional and Local Key Account levels
- Create, implement and execute on a Sales Territory/Account Plan to drive direct and agencysales efforts, with a focus on Advance Audience Targeting and Extended Reach Digital solutions in the Minnesota areas.
- Perform a client needs analysis with prospects and (cross sell) existing customers to determine the best solutions for your customers
- Deliver compelling presentations that highlight our competitive advantages
- Develop needs-based solution proposals
- Meet and Exceed Revenue Targets
- Be successful with cold calling, prospecting and scheduling your own appointments as this is a front line seller role focused on Regional Agencies and Direct Clients in the Minnesota areas.
- Research opportunities thoroughly and proactively, identifying an advertiser's needs while working with Client Services to propose efficient solutions
- Expert level understanding of exchange platform and advanced audience targeting capabilities and their value proposition for customers to drive business unit growth and revenue
- Establish strong relationships with advertising agency and client-direct personnel, including all decision-makers and key influencers from junior media planners to top management
- Act as a digital media mentor and resource to our client base and general sales staff
- Become a positive and influential presence in your region
- Minimum 5 years sales experience as an individual contributor in a sales (hunter) role
- Digital Sales background (i.e. mobile, video, display, social, email and paid search)
- Proven experience selling Advanced Audience Targeting, Extended Reach, and Programmatic offerings
- Consultative/Solutions selling experience vs. a single Product selling background
- Proven track record in meeting/exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Consistent performer and responder to daily, weekly and monthly Sales KPI's
- Demonstrable experience at new market and revenue development
- Previous Radio, Events and Sponsorship sales experience a huge PLUS
- Deep contacts with Regional Agencies and Direct Clients with focus on Healthcare Services, Retail, Travel/Tourism, Automotive, Energy and Government is a plus
- Independent, Entrepreneurial, comfortable in a fast pace, early stage environment
- Detail-oriented, someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets the job done
- Intellectual curiosity to surface insights & implications and use this knowledge to think creatively about how to advance our Regional offerings
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate compelling value propositions for our Digital Solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior knowledge of new/emerging digital advertising technologies and techniques
- entrepreneurial spirit, a self-starter, who works with urgency and passion
- Regional travel estimated to be 25-35% of the time
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience is required