Regional Development Director
8 - 10 years experience • Non-Profit
REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Top 5 Must Haves for the Ideal Candidate:
1. A minimum of 7-10 years of fundraising leadership experience with demonstrated success in cultivating individual donors, corporate sponsorships, and Foundation grants.
2. Strong written and oral communication skills.
3. Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituents.
4. An independent and proactive fundraiser, with the ability to work seamlessly as a member of a national team.
Our client provides free, high-quality after-school programs to low-income youth across the country. Now reaching over 72,000students on over 300 school sites, this organization is raising the bar and helping students succeed in school and in life.
• Work with the Regional Executive Director and Executive Directors to strategize, plan, solicit, and cultivate major sponsors and donors. f
• Develop and lead a comprehensive multi-year development strategy that both complements and supports the chapters’ fundraising efforts and strategy.
• Raise funds from individuals, corporations, foundations and government agencies in order to grow annual revenues in the short term and diversify the funding base for the long-term sustainability of the organization.
• Create sponsorship packages and define benefit levels in order to maximize revenue for ASAS events.
• Prepare and distribute, as appropriate, all needed materials for soliciting sponsors.
• Research and write or supervise the preparation of proposals.
• Maintain relationships over time, including regular communication with all key partners and work with the national programs and marketing teams and local leadership in each market, to ensure that all sponsorship agreements are fulfilled.
• Manage and expand funding partnerships with current foundation and corporate supporters.
• Develop strategies and plans for cultivation and solicitation meetings with donors.
• Provide development support for each local Executive Director and their fundraising staff as needed.
• Maintain current, accurate records of sponsors and key aspects of sponsor relations using Salesforce.
• Position requires some travel within the US.
A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate.