The Regional Design Technology Director is a multifaceted job that focuses on the areas of Digital Design strategic planning & technical support, with a primary focus on leveraging current and emerging technologies to continuously improve Gensler’s design and delivery process for our clients.
This role will oversee the implementation of best practices around digital design across the whole region and coordinate with the firm-wide team to develop and manage these best practices, strategizing with project teams and office leadership to disseminate Digital Design processes to ensure that design technology enhances our design and delivery experience.
- Regional leader overseeing the use of new technology in the design, development and execution of all scales of interiors and base building with an emphasis on Building Information Modeling (BIM), Computation and Visualization.
- Actively participate on Firmwide calls for Computational Design, Revit (BIM) Office Leaders, Creative Media and Design Resilience calls.
- Lead the discussion with office leadership on how to invest in digital advancements and monitor an annual budget.
- Meet regularly with Office and Regional leadership in Technical, Design, and Project Management.
- Participate in business development, as needed, to bring the right opportunities from Digital Design to the client pitches.
- Work with Legal & Risk Management to review contracts, provisions and other documents to address Digital Design within the project delivery.
- Work with the regional team to develop content that is shared across the region and around the firm.
- Manage the staffing of the Design Technology Team members.
- Oversee the development of training and workshops within the region.
- Direct R + D efforts within the region and maintain knowledge on trends in the industry via conferences, publications, and relationships with industry academic partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent, with 10+ years of experience in design and/or construction practice preferred. Licensed professional preferred
- Expert knowledge of, and proven practical background in, Autodesk Revit Architecture and related BIM software.
- 5 years of experience in the project-specific, BIM workflow from start to finish.
- Articulate communicator, able to convey Digital Design concepts to all levels of design and delivery leadership.
- Relevant knowledge of design applications such as AutoCAD, Rhino, Visual Programming (Grasshopper/Dynamo), 3D Studio Max, VRay and/or other rendering platforms, Adobe Creative Suite, etc. and how they work together.
- Strong interest and/or previous experience presenting at conferences and events as a thought leader in digital design.
- Experience managing and mentoring staff across multiple office locations.