The Regional Demand Manager drives and owns the demand process for these SMU’s, manages and designs the necessary metrics, to best anticipate demand driven events with as ultimate goal to both update Commercial and SC organizations for decision making.
The job holder manages the demand process, i.e. the collection and quality of the demand data across these sectors, liaising with key persons within these sectors as well as challenging these sectors. He or she is responsible:
- to lead and animate the Regional Demand Meetings as an integral part of the S&OP processes,
- for managing and overviewing any business allocationprocesses, and
in defining and driving improvements in the demand management processes.
What will be expected from you?
- Drive the Demand Management processes and procedures region wide. Ensure that the established Demand Process is well defined.
- The job holder collects, collates and challenges the business volume requirements for the short, medium and long term for both existing products of the SMU’s as new product introductions.
- Design monthly analyses on the forecast, checking for trends and anomalies.
- Join up with team members and liaise with business partners in order to have the most accurate forecast information available for the Elastomers Platform.
- Gather and understand the market intelligence, and other relevant external factors that impact demand. Ensure this information is captured in the Consensus forecast.
- Provide key inputs to the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process and support the Supply managers in translating these data operationally.
- Ensure the most accurate Demand information is communicated to the wider Huntsman organization.
- Act as a focal point towards the SMU’s for Demand derived concerns.
- Design, manage and communicate a set of metrics (e.g. forecast accuracy) to higher management.
- Continuously improve the entire Demand process to increase efficiency and effectiveness. Drive value by conducting analyses aiming at improving forecast accuracy.
- Highlight any short term deviations in demand to the respective communities on both Operational supply side as well as on Sales and Marketing side and as such leverage forecast and analysis to develop impactful recommendations and solutions that drives decision making.
- Manage and overview any allocation process for the regional Elastomers platform in order to control sales in times of allocation.
The Supply Chain organization is complex and the job holder requires to interact with a diverse range of people inside both within the own Supply Chain department as well as with key contacts within the wider organization, namely on Business side as well as the manufacturing side. The job holder needs to be able to quickly gain their trust and respect. This job also requires a difficult combination of skills regarding eye for detail, affinity for tools and application and broad communication skills.
He or she needs to challenge the people within the business on their numbers and build bridges at the same time to be able to optimise the Demand process.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Master’s Degree with a minimum 7 years of relevant Business/Supply Chain experience
- Chemical engineering background a plus
- Understanding of the TPU plant operations and operating capabilities is an asset
- Strong Analytical skills and ability to present numbers is fundamental. Affinity for data modelling and statistical modelling
- Result oriented and able to independently create and deliver
- Demonstrate initiative and work in cross-functional team effectively
- Good interpersonal and communication / influencing skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Polyurethanes Business is an asset
- Experience in using systems as SAP R/3, OBI and specialised Demand planning packages as well as proficiency in MS Office (mainly Excel and PowerPoint)
- Challenging mindset and be able to extract qualitative information whilst teaming with Business Partners is required
- Understanding of the plant operations and operating capabilities is an asset
- Excellent speaking-writing-reading skills in English. Knowledge of any other languages can be regarded as an asset