The Regional Credit Officer has primary credit administration responsibility for the oversight and direction of an entire assigned lending territory including origination, development and maintenance of profitable business relationships, developing, implementing, interpreting and maintaining lending policies and procedures and ensuring all lending programs comply with federal and state regulations as well as Bank policy.
- Provide loan underwriting and structuring guidance and support for assigned lending region.
- Review underwriting requests for compliance with Bank policy and regulatory requirements.
- Provide credit approval requests within defined lending authority that meet the Bank's underwriting standards and lending objectives
- Support the Bank's established lending goals while maintaining desires asset quality levels.
- Assists with mentoring, guidance and support of assigned lending team. Assists and mentors credit analysts as needed with difficult credit underwriting issues
- Work with lending staff in identifying appropriate risk ratings
- Monitor loan exception items for assigned regional credit quality issues such as delinquency, etc.
- Travel may be necessary within region to meet with internal and external clients
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field such as finance, accounting or business is required; Masters Degree Preferred
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in credit analysis and commercial underwriting approval authority required
- Minimum of three (3) years of coaching, mentoring and managing staff required
- Thorough understanding of commercial lending, including underwriting, structuring terms and conditions, n, monitoring, and collection required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of software;
- Proven leadership and organizational skills.
- Financial Management
- Business Acumen
- Results Driven
- Strategic Vision and Direction
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components.
- Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
- Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data