It is the primary responsibility of the Regional Creative Director to direct and lead design initiatives for all assigned MGM Resorts properties. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices, and procedures.
- Direct and supervise all design initiatives for assigned clients, ensuring appropriate design quality, marketing and branding identities for clients’ projects
- Develop creative solutions with design and copy teams for assigned properties, including projects of high complexity and priority.
- Provide strategic direction in Regional client meetings and provide design solutions based on global trends and company positing.
- Oversee the workflow and ensure that designs for their assigned properties meet corporate and client expectations, are within property budgets and deadlines are met
- Oversee that property brand standards are maintained across all projects platforms including, graphic, digital, and social.
- Partner with Project Management Team and Creative Manager to schedule projects/workload for assigned design team.
- Meet with Executive Creative Directors, Creative Managers, Designers, Production, Account Management to evaluate project progress and client’s requests.
- Guide new projects with the most appropriate method of communication on Branding, Social or Marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with Print Production on post mortem project evaluations to identify and avoid future challenges with production on projects.
- Lead selected brainstorming sessions to develop solutions on high-end and branded specialty pieces.
- Cultivate a creative and collaborative environment to inspire design and build cohesive teams within the department, division and properties.
- Create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment
- Stay current with trends and styles in various media to make recommendations as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Graphic Design, Advertising, or a related field; or equivalent education and work experience.
- At least 7 years of experience in design in an agency, in-house, freelance, or related work experience with at least five year of previous leadership experience.
- Portfolio of recent creative is required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent. (education)
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.