Responsible for identifying, soliciting, developing, managing, servicing, and expanding larger corporate relationships in assigned region by offering a full range of loan, deposit, Capital Markets, Treasury Services, Risk Management and other non-credit services to existing and prospective clients.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Highly-skilled and proficient in most aspects of finance; proficient in managing large and complex corporate relationships. Knowledgeable and experienced in complex credit products and structuring, including loan syndication and participations and capital markets solutions.
2. Develop target market, prospect and client assignments with appropriate Market Presidents and Business Services Officers using the BB&T business segmentation philosophy.
3. Champion non-credit financial services activity in the corporate segment, driving fee-based revenue opportunities, including specific efforts to serve the retail banking needs of our clients’ owners/management/associates (e.g. Wealth Management, Private Banking, BB&T@Work). Execute on Integrated Relationship Management (IRM) and Consultative Relationship Management with extensive inclusion of Financial Services Specialists in sales meetings and call planning, joint calling with senior management, and development of custom solutions.
4. Deliver the Perfect Client Experience in all interactions with clients, prospects, and centers of influence.
5. Develop and execute a marketing plan focused on winning new client relationships and expanding existing client relationships. Responsible for meeting assigned loan, deposit and fee-based revenue goals. Assume responsibility for theprofitability, quality, liquidity, and growth of assigned loan portfolio by servicing all client credit relationships, including credit proposal write-ups, file documentation, legal documentation and loan closing, clearing exceptions, and problem loan/asset management. Ensure adequate data integrity and risk management. Represent BB&T in the community by actively participating in civic affairs and local and professional organizations to identify and develop new clients and enhance theBank’s image.
6. Coordinate the delivery of Capital Markets and other specialized finance facilities to target clients and prospects.
7. Coordinate the economic development efforts within the region through active participation in the Chamber ofCommerce, development of relationships with regional representatives in the State Department of Commerce, and participation in other organizations involved in economic development.
8. Support and coordinate with others in client development and servicing efforts in the region, as appropriate.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and related training
2. Stonier or Louisiana State University graduate, BB&T’s Leadership Development Program graduate or equivalent program at another financial institution
3. Ten to twelve years in commercial lending
4. Can readily handle a loan request of $10,000,000 or more up to in-house limit
5. Highly skilled and proficient in most aspects of corporate finance, Capital Markets, Treasury Services, and other non-credit services
6. Ability to grasp complex credits clearly; is insightful in all aspects of finance
7. Strong interpersonal communications; can handle client relationships with borrowing clients with total debt of$10,000,000 or more
8. In concert with other specialists, ability to identify, recommend and deliver integrated solutions across functional areas including credit, Treasury Services, Capital Markets, Risk Management, Institutional Services and other areas
9. Ability to complete or completion of ENBT (Extraordinary New Business Training), ENBT Lab, Managing Interpersonal Relationships and the Leadership Series
10. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
11. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
12. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.