ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Monitor and oversee business and accounting operations for all field projects within the designated region(s)
- support and challenge regional operations Managers to achieve their financial goals
- provide training and supervision to Job Cost Accountants
- provide guidance and interact regularly with contracts personnel, and monitor and enforce Company policies and procedures.
- Work closely with Operations VPs andAccounting staff to ensureinternal business operations software is properly used for billing and management of projects:
- Ensure proper creation of quotes with consistent categories and clearly defined line items. Coordinate with Accounting and communicate with Business Development and Operations staff to provide procedures which help avoid quotation/estimate-to-actual variances and help identify cost overruns in a timely manner.
- Work with Legal/Contracts Department to ensure all contract values are properly recognized.
- Enforce and assist with reconciliation of variances on a timely basis.
- Enforce and assist with updates of forecasts.
- Ensure accurate financialreporting and participate in region reviews, being able to comprehensively recap each region’s financial position, including:
- Cost and revenue accruals and deferrals.
- Cash position including status of billings and collections.
- Revenue and margin variances from original budgets and recent forecasts.
- Risks associated with projects and efforts being taken to mitigate.
- Provide support and be heavily involved in Regional sales and revenue forecasts. Work with Service Managers and sales personnel to prepare thorough and achievable annual budgets for revenue, direct costs, and overhead costs.
- Oversee and ensure proper accounting for regional service overhead charges. Analyze monthly overhead cost variances and suggest cost containment measures to regional business partners.
- Provide support for project-related inquiries arising from internal and external audits.
- Lead and/or provide project data for miscellaneous corporate initiatives.
- Will have comprehensive knowledge of the financial status of each project in their respective region(s) and provide regular updates to Sr. Management on the status of those projects.
- 30 – 50% travelrequired.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Ideal Candidate:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance
- 6+ years of experience in a business environment including 4+ years in a contracting/project oriented business environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Past experience in construction and/or systems integration is desirable.
- Should be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Power Point, Outlook, and Excel. Advanced-user status in regard to Excel is preferred.
- Knowledge of general ledger software is desirable, especially Great Plains.
- Individual should be a self-starter and used to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Should possess the ability to work with a diverse group of people and demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license.