Regional Continuous Improvement Manager Summary:
The Regional Continuous Improvement Manager will be responsible for leading lean initiatives, implementing Lean/CI systems and delivering continuous improvement training programs. They will plan, organize, conduct, and follow up Kaizen events which lead to the establishment of Lean Systems throughout the organization. They will create a sense of urgency about the CI process and its outcome.
Regional Continuous Improvement Manager Responsibilities:
- Identifies areas where waste can be reduced, processes can be standardized, and the bottom line enhanced.
- Operates with plants to drive improvement to positively impact the bottom line.
- Spearhead initiatives such as training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Provide training and mentorship to employees utilizing Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques.
- Develops and manages scorecards to track historical success.
- To direct cost reduction programs/projects for the Operations division.
- Coordinate process improvement projects throughout Operations.
- Coordinate major initiatives across the supply chain to insure optimum cost.
- Drive the improvement of processes and systems in a company, and implement programs that will have continuing long-term benefits.
- Promote CI: Plan, organize, conduct and follow up Kaizen events.
- Track and report Kaizen results.
- Adhere to ISO/TS 16949 standards.
- Drive continuous Improvement and deliver manufacturing improvements.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (BS or BA) is required.
- Must have recent experience in Automotive Industry.
- 7+ years of experience in, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, six sigma or related field.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Work to a high level of accuracy with attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
- Effective and professional communication and organization skills.
- Ability to facilitate data-driven statistical approaches to problem solving; gathering and analyzing project data
- Experience in Lean Systems implementation.
- Six Sigma Black Belt is preferred.