ADESA is making a national investment in implementing Process Excellence programs across its operations. In this journey, the company is looking for top talent that can be focused on process transformations, value creation, and building a culture of practical problem solving and continuous improvement.
This role is responsible for collaborating with Regional Vice President of Auction Operations, General Managers and Assistant General Managers, Auction Process Excellence Leaders, deployment managers, subject matter experts and key customer representatives in leading, promoting and facilitating the successful implementation and maintenance of process excellence program and initiatives like main value stream cycle time reduction at designated auctions.
This position leads the communication on the progress of various process excellence initiatives tokey stakeholders including Operations as well as ADESA Senior Leadership.
- Participate in designing, developing and deploying process excellence programs using lean principles, practices and tools that enable front line associates to become practical problem solvers for process scopes within their control and influence. This includes developing body of knowledge, conducting capability building workshops, and managing and maintaining Kaizen programs
- Coach and mentor Auction Process Excellence leaders to deploy process excellence programs and initiatives for their respective auctions in collaboration with auction operations leadership
- Maintain process excellence program in collaboration with auction and regional operations leadership, and auction process excellence leaders
- Coach and mentor Auction Operations Leadership in identifying transformational opportunities, and schedules with planned resource allocations
- Lead and maintain process excellence community including channels of communication, regular updates and workshops, etc.
- This role will lead in generating a significant multiple of invested cost in terms of value creation (minimum 5x)
- EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in Industrial Engineering or equivalent. MBA a plus
- Proficient in practical problem-solving methodology using lean and six sigma principles and practices. Prefer a black belt in Lean Six Sigma.
- Experience in auto remarketing / auction industry operations preferred. ADESA operations and workflow systems experience a plus
- Prior work experience in a Director or supervisory role
- Ability to assess key business metrics and situations from an operations manager’s perspective
- Consultative approach and experience with change management
- Highly skilled influencer across all levels of the organization
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to conduct seminars and capability building workshops for sizable group
- Ability to learn, follow and lead others to strive for continuous improvement and sustainable results
- Willingness to travel extensively (up to 70%)