The primary purpose of the Regional Consultant Associate is to work effectively with our intermediary clients so as to acquire, develop and retain assets for Russell Investments. Through a large number of relationships across a broad group of distribution partners, the Regional Consultant Associate assists financial professionals in leveraging their time, creating a more scalable business, and helping their clients achieve investment objectives with greater certainty. The Regional Consultant Associate provides a high quality, value-added sales and service experience by building and maintaining relationships with financial professionals inside assigned territory in order to serve as a resource for their needs. The Regional Consultant Associate works in close partnership with the Regional Director and other Russell Investment business groups, ultimately creating a unified and highly targeted approach to provide a consistent, elite client experience.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
· Strong prospecting through a highly targeted outbound sales effort.
· Successful identification and development of new producers.
· New partner indoctrination and ongoing partner education and training activities.
· Consultative business and practice development activities which develop and further existing advisor relationships.
· Investment proposal generation and communication, including Morningstar, Zephyr, and proprietary tools.
· Communication of Russell's knowledge capital markets knowledge and insight.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
· Bachelor's degree in investment management, finance, business or related field
· Series 7 license OR 6 and 63: Series 66 license preferred
· 3 years client service experience in an investment management or related business.
· Possess in-depth understanding of the financial industry, financial concepts, product knowledge, investment management, competitive information and client-service strategies.
· Solid knowledge of financial concepts and the mathematics behind them.
· Demonstrated consultative selling and relationship management experience.
· Effective oral and written communication skills as well as presentation and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated use of discretion and judgment when dealing with financial professionals, end clients, and / of matters of privacy.
· Strong organizational and delegation skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure and to a deadline.
· Ability to be self-directed, self-managed, possesses proven decision-making skills and sound judgment.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and the ability to learn Russell-specific applications (RPG, RLINK, etc.). CRM experience is beneficial.
· Distribution specific knowledge highly desired.